We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean you will be given the freedom and support needed to really make a difference. Sky love to push boundaries, create solutions and hit targets. As a valued part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
We are running our first Technology Returners Programme in Leeds which will be based in our Leeds Dock Tech hub.
The programme is designed to support anyone who has previously worked in Technology but have taken a career break (for any reason), and is wanting to return to the world of Technology. The programme will be paid from the start and will make sure you have all the training and mentoring needed to get you back up and running with the most up to date skills. We'll also make sure give you the confidence to get back to work as a Software Tester.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our Leeds Dock campus offers a pool table, table tennis, discounted gym membership, endless local discounts, and much more. We are also happy to discuss flexible working.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
- Attend a 4 week paid boot camp on campus to refresh your skills and give you the technical skills you need to be an Automated Tester at Sky.
- Work alongside other technical returners.
- After the training period you will move into a delivery team at Sky Leeds Dock as an Automation Tester and will work on projects to deliver unified solutions.
- Be involved as necessary with the planning, design, development, enhancement and implementation of solutions.
- Collaborate with developers to maintain and improve our test suites.
- Stay up to date on the status of tests, offering solutions as needed.
- Help us deliver continuous, quality code that matches business requirements.
- Define and create new automation test scripts.
- Work in an agile team and contribute to agile practices.
- Receive ongoing support to ensure you feel integrated back into the workplace after your career break.
- Previous experience in a software engineering role or Tech environment.
- Experience testing web-based applications.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities; able to learn and apply new technical knowledge quickly.
- Excellent communication, analytical and team-working skills.
- Understanding of sound software life-cycle methodologies and/or agile delivery.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and progressive environment.
- Have a passion for software excellence, delivering code of the highest quality, and a willingness to learn new languages and practices.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and part of a forward-thinking, hardworking team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be inclusive, so everyone at Sky can be their best.