The role is at the heart of operations and equally influential across the Test and Trace Executive as with all Testing Operations delivery functions.
The Delivery Integration team is the oil that ensures the smooth transition of new testing services, use cases and technologies into business as usual operations.
It is responsible for ensuring the operational readiness of testing approaches and protocols, influencing the design and build of them, and ensuring the safe and effective hand-off into live and scaled service. It holds the ring on iterations, ensuring follow up development work on products, use cases or services is managed in a controlled manner.
The team is well connected with Service and Product Directors, as well as Delivery Channel, Logistics, Digital, and Laboratory leads.
- Ownership of the over-arching governance and processes for progressing a new service, technology or use case through to operations.
- Ownership of operational readiness checklist. Define operational, clinical and digital requirements within appropriate governance processes to ensure visibility and accountability of new testing within operation.
- Facilitate development of the testing operating models, aligned to operational requirements and effective delivery.
- Ownership of ensuring new testing protocols are operationally ready before the hand off to BAU operations.
- Provide operational experience, insight and share the lessons from prior deployments and the impacts (positive and developmental) to continually improve.
- Management of iterations in testing protocols between service users and BAU delivery teams.
- Challenge use case and technology teams to deliver in a replicable way.
- Build and lead a diverse, happy, well-connected and high performing team.
*Please note that some travel may be required as part of the role.*
ResponsibilitiesPerson Specification - Speciality experience required (essential):
- Experience of product development – from conception to operationalisation (Design, Build, Run).
- Experience in steering products through the development lifecycle and into deployment.
- Experience in shaping products from concept to ‘operational readiness’
- Evidence of being able to influence the shape of operational teams to adapt to implement new testing products
- Experience in Sales and Marketing
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to influence cross-functional teams with diplomacy and tact.
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills – a highly effective communicator.
- Experienced and qualified project manager and PMO (e.g. PRINCE 2, MSP).
- Ability to build a high performing team and relationship management capability.
- Works well under pressure, with multiple tasks, in a fast-changing and ambiguous environment, with a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to show initiative, self-motivation and innovation.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Delivering at Pace
- Communicating and Influencing
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension