Test Assurance Lead | Dunstable | Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity for a Test Assurance Lead to join our project team within our Support Centre in Dunstable. Can you drive testing standards? Harness the full potential of 3rd party service providers, while finding new and better ways of delivering a robust testing service? If so, then we would love to hear from you!
Whitbread is the UK's leading hospitality company in the FTSE 100 including brands such as Premier Inn and Beefeater. By the end of 2020, our goal is to increase the number of Premier Inn UK rooms to an incredible 85,000. All while creating around 3,000 UK jobs a year and continuing to expand our presence worldwide. There has never been a more exciting time to Whitbread!
What you will be responsible for:
The Whitbread Test Assurance Lead is responsible for the governance, assurance and delivery of testing products, deliverables and services by test service providers, third parties and internal Whitbread teams thereby supporting the deployment of high-quality solutions into the production environment.
The Test Assurance Lead is responsible for the application of the organisational test framework including the underlying structure, processes and measures that enable the delivery of a robust testing service to projects.
The roles specific accountabilities will include:
- Application of the Whitbread Test Policy to test governance, assurance and delivery at a project and programme level
- Testing service supplier management
- Shaping of project test approach
- Early estimation of project test effort
- Testing knowledge management
- Provide a single point of escalation for project managers
What you will be doing:
- Ensuring that project testing services are delivered in a consistent, effective and efficient manner with respect to cost, quality and performance.
- Agree the testing governance approach for projects with project managers including test deliverables, transition gateways and acceptance criteria guided by adherence to the Whitbread Test Policy.
- Engagement with testing services suppliers to agree and manage the delivery of testing services to projects including contractual elements and service delivery and quality measures
- Promotion of best practice with respect to testing, assurance and governance within projects, amongst suppliers and across Whitbread IT including ongoing evaluation and revision of the Whitbread Test Policy
- Contribute to the vendor selection processes for test service suppliers (tendering, SLAs, warranty, outsourcing etc.).
- Establish, maintain, improve and maximise working relationships with key external partners/suppliers that provide testing services.
- Ongoing quality and delivery assurance of technical products throughout the project lifecycle measured against the agreed governance approach and acceptance criteria
What we’d like you to have:
- At least 5 years of experience of leadership in a test assurance and delivery role
- Experience in managing senior stakeholders and 3rd Party Service Providers
- Demonstrable experience of performing test assurance activities on a programme of work
- Strong understanding of multiple delivery methodologies including waterfall, KANBAN, TDD.
- Demonstrable experience of motivating, coaching and managing high-performing test/QA teams
- Understanding of the latest developments and approaches to testing & QA including DevOps, CI/CD/CT, cloud technology and virtualisation services
- Experience in managing test service providers
- Cross industry experience of managing functional and non-functional test delivery and assurance across complex programmes of work