A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is one of the largest and most forward thinking family-owned businesses in the UK. The company began life in 1917 as a counter service grocery store, and has grown from these humble beginnings into a company that now employs more than 7,500 people with a turnover in excess of £1.3 billion.
The company is the largest independent convenience store operator in the UK with over 700 independent retailers plus over 300 company owned SPAR stores.
A.F. Blakemore’s success has been built upon a distinct culture focused upon positive and friendly relations with staff, customers and the communities it serves. The Blakemore Way is a means to define this culture and ensure that the longstanding values of the Blakemore family will continue to drive the company’s growth for the next century.
Position: Trading Assistant
Location: Talbot Green, Mid Glamorgan, CF72 8XX
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 40 Hours Per Week, Monday - Friday
Salary: £17,800 per annum
Benefits: Staff Discount, Company Pension Scheme, Company Sick Pay Scheme, Additional Holidays, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Life Cover, Employee Volunteering opportunities
Closing date: July 14, 2019
About the role:
- Setting up and maintenance of new product files.
- Compiling promotional activity files.
- Supporting the trading team in achieving key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Administration of supplier activity at trade shows.
- Invoicing of supplier revenue in accordance with schedules.
- Handling of general queries and administrative duties.
- Behave within the principles of the company’s values at all times.
- Maintain employee and organisational confidentiality in line with the Data Protection Act.
- Demonstrate commitment to equality and diversity.
- Comply with all legislative requirements as well as all company policies, procedures and processes.
- Could be required to travel to sites other than normal place of work for business purposes.
- A high level of numeracy and literacy is essential.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft programs essential.
- Educated to an A Level standard or equivalent is desirable.
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential.
- Reliably follows instructions and procedures.
- Keen and enthusiastic approach to working both in a team and independently.
- Ability to produce accurate work within agreed timescales.
- Excellent communication skills and the capacity to build good working relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Strong organisational and planning skills with an attention to detail.
- Customer focussed and understands the importance of this to the business.
- Positive attitude and flexibility in covering other roles in the department.
- Shows a commitment to ongoing personal development and training, always striving to improve.
- Demonstrates integrity, a strong work ethic and upholds the company values and principles.
You may have experience of the following: Administrative Assistant, Admin, Administration, Microsoft Office, Office Assistant, Retail, Wholesale, Microsoft Word, Admin Assistant, Administrative Officer, Administration Support, Admin Executive, Administrator, Administration Assistant etc.