Kitchen Team member - Bar+Block
Bar + Block is an informal, all-day dining restaurant with a large open kitchen and spectacular central bar. Our particular passion is high quality steaks, hand cut to order. With an impressive drinks list and bar snacks menu, our customers love sharing, grazing, drinking and socialising here any time of the week.
You’ll help to make sure our kitchen delivers great food for every customer- Assisting in all kind of ways. From preparing, cooking and presenting food to the highest of standards. Taking responsibility for starters and desserts, you’ll create an unforgettable first impression for all customers before delivering an awesome end to their meal. You’ll do this by: Having an eye for detail, striving to deliver a great product in a fast-paced environment whilst taking great pride in washing up and keeping the kitchen and all equipment clean and maintained.
Like all of us, you really care about our customers- On hand to adapt and assist when things get busy making sure our food is always tasty, safe & well-presented. It’s a hands-on role however with your strong team player approach you’ll always be ready for a challenge. Naturally, you’ll strive to achieve and maintain a spotless kitchen in line with key health & safety/ food & hygiene standards.
If you’re keen to build a career in the kitchen, this is the perfect place to start- You don’t need previous experience to join us in this role, it’s all about what you can bring as a person. If your committed to learning and improving all the time, you’ll soon be able to climb the ranks within our kitchens or even within the restaurant itself. Being an organised and strong communicator whilst remaining focussed to follow processes and brand standards is important. You’ll have a can-do attitude with a motivation for delivering an incredible customer experience every time.
Your Rewards and Benefits- Along with a structured induction plan and training to do your role there are numerous of other benefits. Some of the big ones below, but feel free to explore more on our Whitbread careers page.
- Working more than 16 hours a week with us, you can choose to study for an apprenticeship to give you a nationally recognised qualification
- A wide range of discounts retail and leisure discounts including gym membership, cinema ticket and 02 price plans (which can be shared across 5 family members or friends)
- Whitbread Privilege Card 25% Discount across our Restaurants, and up to 50% on hotel rooms
- Opportunity to work flexible shift patterns across mornings, afternoons & evenings to create a balance for other commitments outside of work
- Discounted ‘Premier Inn famous’ Hypnos mattresses and beds
- Pension scheme with employer contribution
- 50% off food whilst on shift
Whitbread is known for offering the UK’s best-loved and best-known restaurant brands. Over the years we’ve grown to have restaurants across the nation. We’re proud to make every day experiences special for millions of customers and create excellent career opportunities for people like you! Apply today to start your Whitbread journey.