During these uncertain times everyone has had to make big changes and UKinsuranceNET has been no different. Our amazing team have ensured our customers continue to receive exceptional service. We are recruiting for a Trainee Underwriter to join the team in Stockton on Tees and your role will be to provide day to day handling of underwriting functions and risk management. Previous Underwriting experience isn't essential however an understanding of the Insurance industry and a passion for learning is essential!
The main objective being to mitigate risk, ensure all policies are underwritten correctly and provide auditing and referral support for staff development. This is a fantastic career opportunity for someone and your role varies in complexity. You will be provided with a training and development plan to assist in their progression through levels 3-4.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities:
- To review and authorise referred policies
- To carry out call audits and provide feedback
- To complete underwriting audits
- To complete risk related reports
- To provide assistance to the Head of Department to manage risk
- To ensure that customer records are kept up to date with accurate notes following all customer contact
- To maximise every opportunity for improvement through building relationships with insurers
- To identify efficiencies and improvements within systems and processes
- To carry out risk investigations and tracking
- To assist in transfers of business in line with company strategy
- To assist with learning and development of staff across all departments
- To understand all protocols and ensure that are followed correctly
- To proactively manage self-development and learning
- Understanding and knowledge of ‘Treating Customers Fairly’ and how this is applied throughout the business to ensure our customer’s best interests are met.
- Basic understanding of insurance market
- Thorough ongoing understanding of Protocols
- In depth understanding of products and underwriting guidelines
- In depth understanding of insurance terminology
- Thorough understanding of compliance, risk and risk mitigation
- Cert CII (or working towards)
- Consistently demonstrating our company values (Understanding, Knowledgeable, Inspiring, No Nonsense, Supportive) through behaviours
- Going the extra mile’ to deliver excellent customer experience
- Positive and professional attitude displayed in the workplace
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We believe that working together as one team across the Group is better for our customers, our businesses, and our employees, we offer excellent rates of pay, fantastic benefits and excellent career opportunities.
PIB Group is an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your application will be treated in the strictest confidence.
You may have experience of the following: Underwriter, Casualty Underwriter, Underwriting, Insurance Underwriting, Insurance Underwriter, Financial Services, Insurance Broker, Assistant Underwriter, Underwriting Assistant, etc.