Thera Group are a charity that support people with a learning disability. We want to demonstrate that people with a learning disability can be leaders in society but we can’t do this without you! We are now looking for a Trainer to join our Learning and Development Team, based in Scotland.
Location: Scotland (covering Edinburgh, East Lothian & Inverness
Job type: Part Time, Permanent
Hours: 0.6 FTE; we operate flexi time and flexible working
Salary: £23,000 to £27,000 Pro Rata
Benefits: Contributory pension, Cycle to work scheme, Employee support line to support you and your family, Support in gaining professional qualifications, Continuous on the job training is provided
About the role:
The Scotland Trainer will be responsible for delivering high-quality vocational training to all Thera Staff in an exciting and impactful way. The trainer will coordinate and deliver induction training as well as specialist courses such as Autism Awareness as required as well as maintaining and completing training records. This is a varied role with travel across Scotland required, so the trainer will need to be self-motivated and organised as this role will keep them busy!
This role would suit an already established trainer, looking for a more flexible opportunity.
- A full driving license with access to a vehicle – this is a homebased role with regular travel involved.
- Training / development and assessment / evaluation skills – ideally within the social care sector.
- Reliable, positive & flexible approach to working hours around business needs.
- Be a confident and natural communicator.
- Be passionate about promoting independence for those with a Learning Disability.
- The ability to inspire others and deliver engaging training sessions.
You may have experience of the following: Trainer, Instructor, Teacher, Teaching Assistant, Training Manager, Training Consultant, L&D, Learning & Development Officer, Learning & Development Assistant, Learning and Development Coordinator, HR Officer, HR Assistant, etc.