This is a specialist role requiring a self-motivated candidate with a good knowledge of Information and Records Management practices and committed to improve and support UKPPS law enforcement activity.
Candidates will be required to obtain DV clearance within 12 months of starting in the role. Failure to obtain DV would result in you not being confirmed in post and you will be required to move to a non-DV role.
ResponsibilitiesAs part of this dynamic team your will be using your skills and expertise to cover:
• GDPR & Data Protection related issues including composing DPIAs, Operating Procedures;
• Department SPOC for Secure Storage;
• Managing access control and permissions for Protected Person derived data on the case management system and hard copy material;
• Managing the UKPPS data drives;
• Assisting with management of Legacy cases from pre-cursors including small data transfers;
• Coordinating Disclosure, SARS & FOI requests made to UKPPS;
• Providing advice and guidance on IM matters in line with recognised standards and procedures;
• Active participation in UKPPS project work around data management;
• Contributing to working groups relating to business development and improvement;
• Report and brief Information Custodian / Senior Management on areas of risk and risk mitigation
***All NCA officers must hold SC Enhanced upon entry as a minimum. To meet the National Security Vetting requirements for this role you will need to have resided in the UK for a minimum of 3 out of the past 5 years. For more information please see the Candidate information Pack***
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Communicating and Influencing
- Managing a Quality Service
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- A good understanding of Information Management and the handling of sensitive / confidential data.
- Experience of data management including identification, assessment and management of risk; compliance and audit.
- Knowledge of legislation and policy impacting on operational / intelligence led law enforcement activity.
- Strong Information Technology skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel & Word).
All officers in the NCA are members of the UK Civil Service. You will be eligible for:
• Civil Service pension scheme
• 26 days annual leave rising to 31 on completion of 5 years continuous service
• Training and development opportunities
• Cycle2work scheme
We take the welfare of NCA officers very seriously. All staff have access to Occupational Health services and there are a number of staff representative groups. We also have a range of sporting and other activities on offer.
We can provide flexible working arrangements if the role in question is suitable. These include flexi-time, job sharing and compressed hours (working contracted hours over a shorter period).