We are currently recruiting for an Underwriter to join our Property Q-Underwriting team based in Chelmsford. This is a new team, based in a brand-new office location. You will have experience working within a regulated FCA environment, Cert CII qualified or working towards, with a proven track record of underwriting and business development.
You will be responsible for new business quotations, administering new business renewals and mid-term adjustments, as well as working to develop broker relationships.
As the business continues to grow, there will be many opportunities to get involved in other exciting projects, expanding your skills along the way.
Location: Based in the centre of Chelmsford, our office is close to bus routes and Chelmsford Train Station. There are good train links from London to East Essex.
As a company, PIB is a successful growing group of businesses across different elements of the insurance sector. The Group is growing rapidly both through acquisitions and by employing outstanding individuals with a wealth of knowledge and experience across the insurance market. For context, as a Group we have grown from £15m turnover in 2016 to over £120m in 2019 and we continue to expand from a wholly UK base to mainland Europe with trade reaching to Latin America.
This is an exciting time to join the PIB Group. Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We believe that working together as one team across the Group is better for our customers, our businesses, and our employees.
- You will be preparing and providing quotations to Broker Partners,
- You will provide accurate and compliant New Business, Renewals and Mid-term adjustments in line with personal authority limits,
- You will be working with Business Development to achieve business growth in accordance with targets whilst Underwriting to agreed loss ratios,
- You will be utilising communication, negotiation techniques and skills to clearly explain the features and benefits of our products, ensuring that every Broker receives a full complement of sales and upselling opportunities,
- You will be ensuring all statutory and company regulations are followed to protect Insurer and Broker partners and the business interests of the company,
- You will always be adhering to the contents of the Operating Procedure Manual and Business Unit Supplemental Operating Procedure Manual,
- You will ensure the Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) principals are fully understood and applied across all business partners,
- You will carry out any additional duties as agreed with your Team Leader or Product Manager,
- You will have previous underwriting experience, (Liability/ Motor/ Professional Risks/ Property) - desirable
- You will have experience of working within a Regulated FCA environment (essential),
- You will be Cert CII qualified, or working towards a Diploma,
- You will have good experience using bespoke systems and MS Office Suit including MS Excel,
- You will have good mathematical skills coupled with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail,
- You will be able to work under pressure, adapt and be flexible in approach,
- You will have excellent communication skills which includes verbal, written, listening, and negotiating,
Full Job Description available on request.
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We believe that working together as one team across the Group is better for our customers, our businesses, and our employees, we offer excellent rates of pay, fantastic benefits and excellent career opportunities.
Our employee’s success isn’t measured on time spent in the office, so please talk to us about your flexible working needs. We have many sites across the UK, so whether this be working from home, logging on from another office or working part time then we would love to hear from you!
PIB Group is an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your application will be treated in the strictest confidence.
You may have experience of the following: Underwriter, Senior Underwriter, Insurance, Underwriting, Financial Services, Account Handler, Insurance Broker, Underwriting Assistant, Technical Underwriter, Assistant Underwriter, CII, etc.