About the job
Salary: £30,131 - £37,249 (depending on skills and experience).
Location: London or Hastings
Reporting to: Head of User Research and Design
Do you have excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy creating new, positive working relationships?
Do you enjoy providing a valuable service that benefits others?
Are you interested in a people-centered role within the public sector?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
This is a people centred role and will typically suit individuals with superb social/ interpersonal skills.
You will be actively involved with the Head of User Research and Design and the rest of the growing User Research and Design team, and have the chance to create positive working relationships across DfT.
Role responsibilities include but are not limited to;
• Scoping, crafting and carrying out user research.
• Aligning user research with Departmental plans and embedding practices across the Department.
• Analysing user research data and producing insights to inform business and technology decisions.
• Helping to prioritise and coordinate user experience needs.
• Resolving any potential conflicts between user and experience requirements.
• Explaining the costs and benefits of user research activities and advising on the risks resulting from poor user experience.
Please refer to the attached Role Profile on the bottom of the advert for full role responsibilities.
We are looking for a confident communicator who holds some understanding of and experience using user research methods. You will be a diligent individual with an eye for detail and analytics who will have responsibility for choosing appropriate methods for the right scenario and executing them confidently and effectively.
You will love working as part of multidisciplinary teams often using an agile methodology, and will enjoy investing time to generate a common focus and genuine team spirit. You are a strong advocate for change and continuous improvement and someone who handles change well and can adapt easily to changing environments. We need someone with good communication skills and the confidence to provide mentorship and robust recommendations to internal and external colleagues and stakeholders. Your engagement and relationship building skills will enable you to influence and challenge at all levels.
For more info on our digital transformation, head over to ourBlog andLinkedIn .
Our mission at the Department for Transport is ‘connecting people and places’. Everything we do to achieve this is reinforced by our values:
• Confidence: to challenge, to take action, to innovate
• Excellence: in our professionalism, in our delivery, in our learning
• Teamwork: we are inclusive, we collaborate, we support each other
These values define the kind of organisation we want to be – delivering for today whilst being ambitious for tomorrow.
We embrace diversity and celebrate our differences. Everyone is involved in making DfT an inclusive and great place to work. We actively promote a flexible approach to working whilst giving our staff opportunities to maximise their skills and achieve their full potential.
We are different people, one team.
Find out more about what it's like working at the Department for Transport.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Communicating and Influencing
- Working Together
- Managing a Quality Service
- Delivering at Pace
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- DDaT Framework: Research Skills
- DDaT Framework: Analysis & Synthesis
- DDaT Framework: User-Centred & Agile Practices
- DDaT Framework: Strategic Insight