We have an exciting opportunity for a UX Designer to join our Digital hub based in London. The role will be working across our Mobile App and PremierInn.com website, which handles nearly £1.5billion worth of transactions a year.
We are the UK's leading hospitality company, a FTSE 100 organisation with over 35,000 employees worldwide. Owning successful brands such as Premier Inn and hub by Premier Inn, we have over 750 hotels and over 70,000 rooms across the UK, Germany and the Middle East. We are also proud to own over 420 restaurants across the UK including Beefeater, Brewers Fayre and our newer brands Bar + Block and Cookhouse & Pub.
What you will be doing
- Be a facilitator of design thinking across the digital function, you will support the user experience team
- Bringing stakeholders together - working upstream to solve problems, and help form briefs, while ensuring that design discovery phases are factored in (planned in) and structured.
- Lead your workstream, with constant and consistent check-ins with the Lead UX Designer.
- Be an expert design thinking and execution, while facilitating other ideas, so others are involved
- Accountable for the quality of interaction design output, in line with the overall CX vision
- Ensuring design solutions are driven by evidence from both qualitative and quantitative sources
- Hands on driving ideation workshops (sketch facilitator)
- Supporting product to define the brief
- Prototyping where/when necessary or engaging tech to support with early concept builds
- Supporting the inhouse digital user research team.
- Involved with planning and retrospective team sessions
- Driving UX focused activities across multiple projects (web & app)
What we are looking for
- Proven expertise as a UX Designer, working in a commercial/digital B2C organisation
- Experience producing Interaction Design - wireframes, sketches, prototypes, including responsive web, system and app (multichannel)
- Experience working in a collaborative agile, co-located team environment
- A good level skills using design software including Sketch app, axure RP
- Ability to work in a fast pace, cross functional team where attention to detail is important, as well as great communication and organisational skills
- Able to prioritise work, showcase completed design, take on feedback from a variety of stakeholders (including your team) in a calm, positive, professional manner
- Understanding of commercial KPIs and the interlinkage with user metrics (design constraints)