Unpaid - Voluntary Role
12 days ago
Every day brings new challenges at Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH). Every day, over 600 seriously ill children from across the UK arrive for life-changing treatments. Every day, young lives hang in the balance as patients, families and staff battle the most complex illnesses. And every day, the brightest minds come together to achieve pioneering medical breakthroughs that change the lives of thousands of children – and change the world. This extraordinary hospital has always depended on charitable support to give seriously ill children the best chance to fulfil their potential. Without donations, Great Ormond Street Hospital Charity can’t help fund ground-breaking research, advanced equipment, child and family support services, and the rebuilding and refurbishment of wards and medical facilities. Our staff help to raise these vital funds for the hospital. A better future for seriously ill children starts with you.
Position: Charity Hub Volunteer
Location: Great Ormond Street, Holborn, London, WC1N 3JH
Job type: Unpaid – Voluntary Role
Hours: Minimum 3 hours per week
About the role:
This is a rewarding voluntary role based within the grounds of Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital, where you will be part of the Community Fundraising team. Based at the Charity Hub, you will play a key role helping the charity to increase awareness and understanding of its work within the hospital community. As part of a small team you will be the face of the charity, promoting the need of the charity to GOSH staff, visitors and patient families. Training will be given on processes and the fundraising database, along with background knowledge of Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity and its work.
- Supporting the Charity Hub Coordinator to run our desk located outside The Lagoon.
- Accepting, recording and receipting donations and thanking our supporters face to face.
- Organising cheque presentations and tours of the ground floor.
- Inspiring people to support the charity and work of the hospital by fundraising.
- Helping to promote our community events fundraising activities such as fundraising at your school, workplace, or with friends, as well as our Team GOSH Funds and Bake it Better products.
- Helping to promote our mass participation campaigns such as RBC Race for the Kids and Play Date.
- Helping to promote our key challenge events throughout the year, such as London Marathon and London to Paris bike ride.
- Helping to promote our bespoke patient events and fundraising campaigns, such as Eid, Ramadan and Chanukah.
- Give advice and support within the Fundraising Regulator fundraising guidelines.
- Helping support Community Fundraising Team by proactively sourcing new leads.
- Selling merchandise on the desk such as Christmas cards and pin badges.
- Emptying collections tins and money-spinners located throughout the hospital.
- An interest and enthusiasm for the work of the charity.
- An interest and passion for fundraising.
- Enjoying interacting with a diverse public.
- The ability to engage with the people you are interacting with.
- Administration and database skills to aid with data entry.
- A desirability to help the wider team during quieter times at The Desk.
- Ability to advise the public about fundraising.
What you can gain from this role:
- Supporting the work of a world class hospital.
- Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses.
- Opportunities to volunteer at our event like the ‘RBC Race for the Kids’ and ‘London Santa Dash’.
- Training and ongoing support from the Charity Hub Coordinator.
- Regular updates about the Hospital and the Charity and the difference you are making.
- Being part of a wide diverse team.
Charity Hub Volunteers would ideally be expected to donate at least a minimum of 3 hours of their time on any day, when volunteering at the Charity Hub
The Hub is currently open on Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm. Days and opening hours are subject to change.
This volunteer role will be subject to receiving a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) Check and References.
You may have experience of the following: Volunteer, Volunteering, Fundraising Assistant, Fundraiser, Fundraising Officer, Retail Assistant, Customer Service Advisor, Charity, Third Sector, NFP, etc.