Waking Nights Support Worker
Are you interested in a career where you will make a real difference in young people’s lives? Does working night shifts better suit your lifestyle? Do you understand the challenges which young people face in daily life? Maybe a career as a Waking Night Support Worker could be the next step in life for you?
Care in Mind are excited to announce the opening of our new Residential Service based in Heaton, Bolton. This 5-bed service will be supporting the recovery and rehabilitation of young people and young adults with complex mental health difficulties in a least restrictive way. The aim of the service will be to support the young people engage in the community, education, and vocational activities with the aim of promoting independence.
Care in Mind are currently looking for a kind, caring and friendly person to join our professional team as a Waking Night Support Worker. Experience is not essential and full training will be provided, however an understanding of the issues young people face in their daily life would really help to make a difference.
You will be based within our Residential Home in Bolton where you will work 8:30 pm – 7:30 am over a 2 weekly rota (Week 1 – 33 hours and Week 2 – 44 hours).
• Competitive pay (£9.54 per hour + 50p per hour unsociable hours payment)
• £100 bonus after completion of 6-month probation
• 22 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays (rising to 27 days holidays plus bank holidays with service)
• Excellent Learning and Development opportunities (NVQ Level 3 in Adult Health & Social Care)
• Enhanced company pension
• Life Assurance 2 x your annual salary
• Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
• Paid Induction (Running over 3 days)
• Free on-site parking
• Paid Enhanced DBS check
• Access to our 24-hour Wellbeing Support Portal/ Employee Assistance Programme
• Online shopping discounts, free eye tests and various other benefits
• The opportunity for internal promotions & progression
• Refer a Friend Scheme (Up to £500 per referral)
• Regular social events and recognition schemes (‘Employee of the year awards’, Summer & Christmas parties)
Your role as a Waking Night Support Worker
• To carry out direct and indirect care of young people with complex mental health needs
• To work in a team, giving the highest standard of care possible to the young people.
• To closely follow individual care plans and support young people with education, shopping, and social and leisure activities.
• To carry out multiple interventions involving the delivery of care to young people
• To promote independence amongst the young people
• To provide support, advice and information to the young people, parents and other carers
• To carry out further duties as per our attached document (Writing reports, general office admin etc)
Requirements of a Waking Night Support Worker
• Flexibility - Your role will involve working shifts including weekends and Bank Holidays
• Good verbal communication skills and the ability to listen to others
• Good written skills and the ability to write basic reports and record information accurately
• IT Literate (Able to write emails and use Microsoft Office)
• An understanding of the issues around confidentiality
• An understanding of safeguarding
• Professional working boundaries between staff and service users
• Ability to remain calm in emergencies, supporting others during difficult situations
• Full UK Driving Licence
• NVQ Level 2 qualification or equivalent in Care
• Previous experience of working with young people who have mental health needs
If you are interested in joining an enthusiastic, motivated business who thrive in developing and rebuilding young people and young adults with complex difficulties then please submit your application by Tuesday 15th December.
Please note that we do not accept CV’s and the application must be completed in full.
Please note that interviews will be held over Microsoft Teams as a video interview.
Care in Mind operates a safer recruitment process and as part of this process the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We are an equal opportunities employer who values diversity and positively encourages applications of all ages from all sections of the community.
We reserve the right to close the advert early, should we appoint a suitable candidate.
Waking Nights Support Worker