Warehouse Shift Manager - Days
This is an exciting opportunity that A.F. Blakemore are recruiting for, in preparation for the opening of their brand new, purpose built multi temperature depot in Bedford. We are looking for experienced Shift Managers (Warehouse) (2 positions), who are agile, motivating, friendly, hard-working and love the buzz of getting things done. You will be responsible for the organisation and control of efficient and profitable operations within the depot in order to provide a high quality service to the customer, whilst working within the constraints of company policy and relevant legal requirements.
A.F. Blakemore's new Bedford depot is the largest investment made by the family run company. Boasting a size of 160,000sq feet, multi temperature, serving the companies large customer base, built with innovation and the future in mind. The site will have new lithium Ion Fork lift & picking trucks, mixture of Mercedes and Scania HGV’s (Class 1 & 2) to be used by the circa 230 colleagues. Sustainability has always been a focus for the company, and the Bedford depot is no different, solar panels and rainwater harvesting along with enabling staff to cycle to work.
We love team players here at A.F. Blakemore, we are committed to providing our people the technical and personal skills to progress their careers.
If you have the desire to manage, with drive and determination, then this could be the role for you!
Warehouse Shift Manager – Days Responsibilities:
• Maintain effective operations through the use of process management, adhering to H&S legislation including Accident Management.
• The control of goods receipt, replenishment, ferrying, customer order processing and despatch operations.
• The control of stocktaking/checking/maintenance systems and procedures - includes results.
• The control of building maintenance works.
• The control and development of staff including training, scheduling, recruitment, absence management and performance via implementation and supervision of PBR schemes.
• Ensuring the effective use, legal compliance and maintenance of all equipment, refrigeration, plant and machinery.
Warehouse Shift Manager – Days Requirements:
• Maths and English GCSE (A-C) / (4-8) or equivalent is desirable and working knowledge of Microsoft programmes - Word and Excel essential.
• Demonstrable experience in people and process management essential.
• Warehousing experience preferred.
• Strong organisation and time management skills essential.
• Ability to deal with conflict in an effective and professional manner.
About A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd:
You will be joining a forward-thinking family-owned business which began life in 1917, growing from humble beginnings into a company that now employs more than 7,500 people with a turnover of £1.13 billion. A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is the 60th largest privately owned business in the UK. We are committed to developing a dededicated workforce that is focused upon excellent customer service and behaving with integrity.
Contract type: Permanent, 40 hrs p/wk
Salary: Very Competitive - depending on experience
Benefits: Staff Discount, Company Pension Scheme, Company Sick Pay Scheme, Additional Holidays, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Life Cover, Employee Volunteering opportunities
Shift Pattern: Looking for people for each of the following shifts: 6:00-14:00 Tues-Sat, 14:00-22:00 Sun-Thurs.
Closing date for applications: 28th February, 2021
You may have experience of the following: Depot Manager, Warehouse Manager, Distribution Manager, Logistics Manager, Distribution Centre, etc.
Warehouse Shift Manager - Days