£35000 - £45000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Caravan Guard, incorporating Leisuredays and Happy Place, is one of the UK’s leading leisure insurance specialists, with over 105,000 customers. We’re looking for a positive person to join our team of over 120 staff. Reporting into Directors, you will be initially working from home but when possible, you’ll get to work from our impressive modern offices in Halifax town centre
The successful applicant will be experienced web developer/designer and work alongside our marketing and IT departments.
The role will involve front end and some back end web development.
Web Developer Responsibilities:
- To produce new visually appealing, responsive and user-friendly brochure web pages, land pages, forms and emails.
- Executing rebuild of ecommerce customer journey web pages linking to third party insurance software.
- Web based front end design for internal software systems and databases.
- Design and development of responsive and dynamic digital assets.
- Project work in line with the priorities of the marketing and IT departments.
- Working alongside our existing Web Development Manager to support multiple departments and business goals.
Web Developer Requirements:
- Some experience of using Adobe Creative Cloud design & development software; following brand guidelines to ensure consistent look and feel for each website.
- Attention to detail plus ability to listen, understand and impress key stake holders; deliver on time and right first time with accurate task scoping and a robust testing regime.
- Communicate effectively to make sure colleagues and task owners are kept updated.
- Awareness of SEO practices in order to build web pages that have the potential to rank well.
- Excellent knowledge of the latest code and digital technology: testing and applying newly acquired knowledge to further benefit the business.
- Keeping abreast of current trends to innovate and keep us at the forefront of online technology.
- Ability to effectively manage own time and workloads; working efficiently and prioritising the things that matter most; taking ownership to carry things through to completion.
- Aptitude to interpret regulatory requirements and apply them to customer facing web pages and emails; looking for solutions not problems; being open minded to change. Simplifying things where possible.
About Caravan Guard Ltd:
Caravan Guard offer specialist insurance for caravans, motorhomes and other leisure homes to over 105,000 customers. Our reason for existing is to put you back in the same position after something bad happens to your pride and joy - or more simply put, 'insuring freedom'.
Location: Halifax, West Yorkshire HX1 2JZ / remote
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £35,000 to £45,000 per annum
Benefits: Annual performance related bonus, Annual company profit share (£1,744 per employee last year), Pension contributions of up to 6% (over £2,00 per annum), Up to 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), £500 for recommending a successful new employee, Attendance award (up to £200 a year), Loyalty reward (£25 for each year, e.g., £100 after four years’ service), Financial support and encouragement to achieve Insurance recognised qualifications, Comprehensive induction and ongoing training and development programme, Modern Halifax town centre offices, and many more.