We're committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country's services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self-starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for everyone.
We believe that we are what we do.
It's more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we're proud to be the better.
What is the purpose of this role?
We are currently recruiting for Winter Maintenance Operatives to work for our Kent account with depots at Tonbridge, Aylesford, Faversham, Ashford and Sandwich. This role is a 6 month FTC and will be involve all aspects of highway maintenance works including routine and cyclic maintenance activities, minor civil's works, the installation of low speed temporary traffic management. Undertake Winter and emergency call out and standby.
What will this role involve?
- Maintain high technical standards.
- Attend project and work briefings as required.
- Participation in Winter maintenance operations including out of hours.
- Participation in Emergency call out operations including out of hours.
- To drive/operate vehicles/plant requiring general and specialist skills including vehicle checks, routine maintenance, (EG oil and water checks etc) and cleaning.
- All aspects of highway maintenance works including routine and cyclic maintenance activities, footway and carriageway patching, kerbing works, minor civil's works, ironworks and drainage.
- Taking responsibility for the safety of yourself and others within your team to ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation and safe operation to protect member of the public.
- Carrying out vehicle checks prior to shift starting, correctly completing the Checksafe App.
- Recording of Drivers hours.
- Allocation and capturing time and resource utilisation including photographing works in line with operational requirements utilising a handheld tablet device.
- To keep records, complete all necessary paperwork, communicate and liaise with other employees of Amey, sub-contractors, the emergency services, the police, the general public, clients and customers.
Role specific responsibilities
Driving Responsibilities - transportation of materials / colleagues to and from site
Completion of planned and reactive highways maintenance activities within the network Ensure work is completed to a high-quality standard in line with HSEQ / contract standards
Report issues around completion of works / HSEQ standards to relevant supervisor manager for immediate
Monitor / record use of materials and document process / procedure Use of technology to record completed works / provide proof of service
What are we looking for?
Essential - Candidates MUST have an LGV licence and hold a CPC to enable driving duties in vehicles over 7.5 tonnes
Desirable - NRSWA Operative - But training will be provided
Desirable - Winter Maintenance Quals - City and Guilds
Desirable - experience of Driving a range of multi-use vehicles and plant / applicable quals Desirable - experience of delivering highways maintenance activities in a fast paced / multi-site environment
Desirable - experience / quals related to a highway's maintenance specialism
- 12D RTM Operative (Mod T1/T2)
- Abrasive Wheels
- Banksman Slinger
- EUSR (Highways)
- Emergency First Aid at Work (HSE)
- Environmental Awareness Toolbox Talk
- Personal Highways Safety
- Manual Handling
What makes this role unique?
You will help to deliver a best in class service for our client.