Account Development Executive
We’re born and bred in Glasgow. Our business was founded on the Clyde back in 1864, and we’re still here today. We are proud to roast exceptional coffee for thousands of cafés and hospitality businesses across the UK & Ireland.
Our workforce has grown to over 250 to support our expanding customer base, product range and service offering. We count some of the industry’s leading talents among our staff, from green coffee buyers and roasting technicians, to barista trainers and field engineers.
Do you want to join our team of top talent in an exciting and industry-leading organisation? Read on!
Purpose of Role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Account Development Executives to join our Sales & Training Team. This is a newly created role within Matthew Algie, designed to assist our customers in a consultative manner to meet their needs, by recommending and delivering on products and services which match their needs and which maximise value to Matthew Algie.
As part of this team you would be required to:
- Deliver coffee training sessions as scheduled on an agreed frequency to ensure that coffee can be aligned with agreed contracts
- Carry out site visits to agreed contracted frequencies for agreed sites
- To undertake coffee and equipment quality checks, in the form of audits and mystery shops
- Identify customer training needs on the perfect serve, coffee knowledge, brand standards and coffee equipment maintenance
- During regular site visits, selling opportunities should be maximised, whether additional products, including from Espresso Warehouse range, equipment placements etc. or service contracts, to secure growth within your area.
- Monitor sales growth through top line sales and coffee (per kilo)
To be considered for this position it is essential that you have relevant previous experience in a similar role such as an experienced barista trainer, with experience gained in a hospitality environment. You’ll be familiar with working in a KPI-focused environment, and with delivering sales presentations and demonstrations of products. You’ll have excellent administration, planning, and organisation skills. You must have a full, valid UK driving licence with driving experience.
Skills / Knowledge
- Able to train customers on coffee equipment in the areas of daily use, beverage production and cleaning and maintenance
- Ability to deliver in line with bespoke training needs, provide analysis and presentations
- Ability to maximise on sales opportunities
- High standards of personal and administration and time management
- IT Literate
- Effective communicator at all levels
- Consultative selling approach
- Good interpersonal Skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Full, valid UK driving licence
- Excellent time management
- Positive attitude
- Highly confident, but respectful
- Decisive and takes the initiative
- Motivated by success
- Performs well under pressure
- Willingness to go the extra mile
- Works well as part of a team and individually as required
- Well presented
- Able to stay away overnight when necessary (including occasional travel to the EU)
If this sounds like you, then you could be the right fit for us! Please click APPLY, upload your CV and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.
Thanks, from the Team @ Matthew Algie
We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We aim to create a working environment in which all individuals are able to make best use of their skills, free from discrimination or harassment, and in which all decisions are based on merit.
Our selection for recruitment does not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation or gender reassignment status (protected characteristics).
You may have experience of the following: barista trainer, barista, account development executive or account advisor or account coordinator or account co-ordinator or account consultant or account coordinator or account exec or account executive or account handler or account representative or client coordinator or client co-ordinator or client coordinator or customer development executive or executive of accounts or key account executive
Position: Account Development Executive
Location: Field based, the ideal candidate will be based in Scotland, covering Scotland to York and Preston in North England.
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
Salary: £22,000 - £25,000
Benefits: Company car, 28 days annual leave increasing with length of service, plus 4 bank holidays, healthcare cash back plan, pension, staff discounts and more!
You may also have experience in the following: Barista trainer, Coffee trainer, area trainer, trainer, training, learning and development, account development executive, account advisor, account coordinator, Account co-ordinator, account consultant, account exec, account executive, Account handler, Account representative, Customer development executive, key account executive, Trainer, Customer Trainer, Training, Area Trainer, Customer Development, Training officer etc
Ref: 133 870