Do you have commercial or corporate lines insurance experience from either an insurance company or brokerage? Is it in your DNA to go the extra mile from time to time?
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly organised and dedicated Account Handler to join our Erskine Murray, Speciality Team based in Dunstable. This hybrid role offers a good level of flexibility with a 2-day work from home option. You will be joining a great, friendly, supportive, and collaborative Account Handling Team that loves working in a fun environment as well as providing each other with great support.
Working closely with Account Executives you will be a key point of contact for a specific portfolio of clients, managing the insurance programmes, including the provisions of technical analysis and alternative programme designs, including re-broking. You will support them in policy changes and queries, applying mid-term adjustments, negotiating, and preparing/processing renewals. You will be very customer focussed with a good background in commercial or corporate lines insurance. You will have good market knowledge and will be someone that keeps up to date with new insurance products/solutions. Your level of communication will be excellent both verbally and written, coupled with the ability to build excellent rapport and strong relationships with both clients and stakeholders. Your attention to detail and organisational skills will also be at a high level, ensuring work is completed accurately and in a timely manner. In order to be successful in this role, you will have good experience of using Acturis system.
This role would suit a person who is keen to progress within insurance (who is either CII qualified or working towards), is a natural multi-tasker and well versed in commercial or corporate lines insurance. You will put the customer at the heart of everything you do, utilising know your customer (KYC) and treating customers fairly (TCF) methodologies, handling accounts in line with compliance, FCA regulations and business policies & procedures.
This is a great time to join our growing business, whilst at the same time being part of a well-established and high performing team.
Location: Our office is based in Dunstable, Bedfordshire (LU5 5BJ) and is accessible by bus or car.
- You will negotiate placements (including additional policies, renewal, and mid-term amendments) either in partnership with the Account Executive or direct with the client,
- You will communicate effectively with other colleagues and providing assistance and cover for them, where required,
- You will ensure that all files are kept up to date and are easy to access/understand,
- You will continually maintain and developing your own technical, market industry, systems and procedural knowledge as well as sharing with others, ensuring all CPD records are updated on an ongoing basis,
- You will contribute to process and practice improvements,
- You will ensure compliance with Company and external regulations ie. FCA,
- You will maintain records and managing the diary system, ensuring that all post and diary activity is completed daily in accordance with Erskine Murray’s performance standards,
- You will have a minimum of 2 years commercial or corporate lines insurance experience, from either an insurance company, brokerage or similar,
- You will be cert CII, working towards this or similar,
- You will have knowledge and experience of principal underwriting markets and any delegated authorities.
- You will have excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and customer interface/relationship skills - ability to establish rapport, credibility and trust with clients and prospects, coupled with competent sales and negotiating skills,
- You will be passionate about the delivery of exceptional customer service experience, applying TCF and KYC methodologies,
- You will be computer literate (MS Excel, MS word and Outlook), with the ability to pick up systems quickly, and will have the ability to gather and analyse information,
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We believe that working together as one team across the Group is better for our customers, our businesses, and our employees, we offer excellent rates of pay, fantastic benefits and excellent career opportunities.
PIB Group is an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your application will be treated in the strictest confidence.