Do you have SME commercial insurance experience from either an insurance company or brokerage? Are you used to working in a fast-paced environment?
We have an exciting opportunity for an organised and dedicated Account Handler to join our PIB, Speciality Team based in Halifax. This role offers a position within a team of highly supportive, friendly, and collaborative professionals that love working in a fun environment as well as providing each other with great support. This role comes with excellent future development prospects. You will have a strong business acumen with a desire to grow and expand knowledge within insurance.
Working closely with an Account Executive you will be a key point of contact for a specific portfolio of clients, predominantly around Motor Trade risks involving Motor Cycle, Caravan and Motorhome Dealers, but also involving a scheme for Holiday and Touring parks, managing the insurance programmes, including the provisions of technical analysis and alternative programme designs, including re-broking.
You will support them in policy changes and queries, applying mid-term adjustments, negotiating, and preparing/processing renewals. You will be very customer focussed with a good background in commercial or corporate lines insurance. You will have good market knowledge and will be someone that keeps up to date with new insurance products/solutions. Your level of communication will be excellent both verbally and written, coupled with the ability to build excellent rapport and strong relationships with both clients and stakeholders. Your attention to detail and organisational skills will also be at a high level, ensuring work is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
This role would suit a person who is keen to progress within insurance (who is either CII qualified or working towards), is a natural multi-tasker and has some knowledge of commercial insurance. You will put the customer at the heart of everything you do, utilising know your customer (KYC) and treating customers fairly (TCF) methodologies, handling accounts in line with compliance, FCA regulations and business policies & procedures. This is a great time to join our growing business, whilst at the same time being part of a well-established and high performing team.Location:
Our office is based near the centre of Halifax close to both the bus station and train station and is accessible by car with various car parks in the local area.Responsibilities:
- You will manage the insurance programmes for a specific portfolio of clients, including the provision of technical analysis and alternative programme design, including re-broking,
- You will always provide excellent service to clients, responding to their needs and changes as they arise,
- You will handle queries from clients, insurers, Account Executives, and others, where required,
- You will negotiate placements (including additional policies, renewal, and mid-term amendments) either in partnership with the Account Executive or direct with the client,
- You will maintain good market knowledge including keeping up to date with new insurance products/solutions and be able to advise, compare and discuss existing products.
- You will communicate effectively with other colleagues, providing assistance and cover for them, where required,
- You will ensure that all records are kept up to date and are easy to access/understand,
- You will continually maintain and develop your own technical, market industry, systems and procedural knowledge as well as sharing with others, ensuring all CPD records are updated on an ongoing basis, with the assistance from a highlight experienced industry professional,
- You will contribute to process and practice improvements,
- You will ensure compliance with Company and external regulations i.e. FCA,
- You will maintain records and managing the diary system, ensuring that all post and diary activity is completed daily in accordance with PIB Insurance Brokers performance standards
- You will have some knowledge of commercial insurance, from either an insurance company, brokerage or similar,
- Experience of the Acturis system desirable,
- You will be cert CII, or be willing to work towards this or similar,
- You will be highly driven & organised with ability to work independently and will have great time management skills, commercial awareness and good business sense and judgement.
- You will have excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and customer interface/relationship skills - ability to establish rapport, credibility and trust with clients and prospects, coupled with competent sales and negotiating skills,
- You will have a positive ‘can do attitude’ and will be a natural problem solver, multi-tasker, along with a high level of attention to detail, ability to work under pressure, and adaptable to change,
- You will be passionate about the delivery of exceptional customer service experience, applying TCF and KYC methodologies,
- You will be computer literate (MS Excel, MS word and Outlook), with the ability to pick up systems quickly, and will have the ability to gather and analyse information,
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We believe that working together as one team across the Group is better for our customers, our businesses, and our employees, we offer excellent rates of pay, fantastic benefits and excellent career opportunities.
PIB Group is an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your application will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Ref: 102 590