Account Handler / Senior Account Handler
Do you have Commercial (SME) insurance experience? Is it in your DNA to go the extra mile from time to time? Are you target driven?
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly organised and dedicated Account Handler to join our PIB IB, Speciality Team based in Croydon. This hybrid role offers a good level of flexibility between working from home and in the office. You will be joining a great, friendly, supportive, and collaborative Account Handling Team that loves working in a fun environment as well as providing each other with great support.
You will be a key point of contact for a specific portfolio of clients, managing the insurance programmes, including the provisions of technical analysis and alternative programme designs, including re-broking. You will be involved in policy changes and queries, applying mid-term adjustments, negotiating, and preparing/processing renewals. You will be very customer focussed with a good background in SME insurance (Property Owners, Shops, Offices, and Small Liability).
You will have good market knowledge and keep up to date with new insurance products/solutions. Your level of communication will be excellent both verbally and written, coupled with the ability to build excellent rapport and strong relationships with both clients and stakeholders. Your attention to detail and organisational skills will also be at a high level, ensuring work is completed accurately and in a timely manner. To be successful in this role, you will have good experience of using the Acturis system.
This role would suit a person who is keen to progress within insurance (who is either CII qualified or working towards), is a natural multi-tasker and well versed in commercial (SME) insurance. You will put the customer at the heart of everything you do, utilising know your customer (KYC) and treating customers fairly (TCF) methodologies, handling accounts in line with compliance, FCA regulations and business policies & procedures.
This is a great time to join our growing business and to be part of a well-established and high performing team.Location:
Based in central Croydon (CR0 6SR) next to East Croydon Station, means there are great transports links should you wish to travel by train, tram or bus.Responsibilities:
- You will assist clients with assessing their needs to offer them the best suitable insurance product, always providing excellent service, responding to their needs and changes as they arise,
- You will handle queries from clients, brokers, Account Executives, and others, where required, building and maintaining strong business relationships,
- You will negotiate with insurers to understand and assess the best terms for the client, (including additional policies, processing renewal, and mid-term amendments),
- You will be broking new business and referrals,
- You will maintain good market knowledge including keeping up to date with new insurance products/solutions and be able to advise, compare and discuss existing products.
- You will communicate effectively with other colleagues and providing assistance and cover for them, where required,
- You will ensure that all files are kept up to date and are easy to access/understand,
- You will continually maintain and developing your own technical, market industry, systems and procedural knowledge as well as sharing with others, ensuring all CPD records are updated on an ongoing basis,
- You will contribute to process and practice improvements,
- You will ensure compliance with company and external regulations i.e., FCA,
- You will maintain records and managing the diary system, ensuring that all post and diary activity is completed daily in accordance with PIB IB performance standards,
- You will have a minimum of 2 years commercial (SME) experience, from an insurance background; very good knowledge of Property Owner policies both Residential and Commercial and be experienced in handling other SME products, such as, Office, Shop, and Small Liability cases,
- You will be cert CII, working towards this or similar,
- You will have excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and customer interface/relationship skills - ability to establish rapport, credibility and trust with clients and prospects, coupled with competent sales and negotiating skills,
- You will have a positive ‘can do attitude’ and will be a natural problem solver, multi-tasker, along with a high level of attention to detail, ability to work under pressure within a team or individually, and adaptable to change,
- You will be passionate about the delivery of exceptional customer service experience, applying TCF and KYC methodologies,
- You will be computer literate (MS Excel, MS word and Outlook), with the ability to pick up systems quickly, and will have the ability to gather and analyse information,
- You will be highly driven & organised with ability to work independently and will have great time management skills, commercial awareness and good business sense and judgement.
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We believe that working together as one team across the Group is better for our customers, our businesses, and our employees, we offer excellent rates of pay, fantastic benefits and excellent career opportunities.
PIB Group is an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your application will be treated in the strictest confidence.