Account Manager / Business Development Team Leader
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work in our Chelmsford office as an experience Account Manager/ Business Development Insurance Team Leader. You will be required to lead, develop, and provide support to your team of 4 Business Development Executives. You will also be managing a small panel of key brokers themselves. This Hybrid role allows flexible working with 2/3 days in the office and the remaining working from home.
You will be required to develop relationships with brokers, generating opportunities and pass on to the Underwriting Team. Ensuring the new team team are kept up to date with new products, product changes and key developments across the business. You will be able to identify potential opportunities for Q Underwriting and other areas of PIB Group and escalate them.
- Coach, motivate and develop the team
- Report sales data and KPIs
- Disciplined use of CRM system to record data and call notes
- Performance management
- Handle broker escalations / complaints with support of Line Manager
In addition, the Team Leader will have a small panel of Key brokers to manage:
- Managing and growing a panel of brokers,
- Lead Generation: developing leads from existing brokers over the phone,
- Broker Insight: build a database of insight into our existing brokers,
- Development: identifying broker potential and reactivating dormant account,
- Conducting face to face meetings with a panel of broker once relationship have been formed,
To be successful in this role you must have commercial insurance experience, a proven track record of hitting sales targets. You must have a friendly, polite, and confident telephone manner as you will be speaking to a lot of potential new and existing clients.
You will have proven ability to motivate, inspire and drive a successful sales culture amongst a team.
It would be desirable if you are CII qualified or studying towards.
Full Job Description is available upon request.
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We believe that working together as one team across the Group is better for our customers, our businesses, and our employees, we offer excellent rates of pay, fantastic benefits and excellent career opportunities.
Our employee’s success isn’t measured on time spent in the office, so please talk to us about your flexible working needs. PIB Group is an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your application will be treated in the strictest confidence.