Admin Officer - Supported Accommodation / Residential Services
Reporting to the young adults Supported Accommodation Manager, you will provide a welcoming environment and lead on the administration of systems that enables the Supported Accommodation to operate effectively including: housing management, referrals, financial management and health and safety.
You will be the be point of contact for Westminster Young Adults Pathways regarding referrals to our Supported Accommodation and will invite referrals to assessment and arrange with the team in a timely manner to
minimise voids and improve our response time to young people in need.Essential Experience of:
- Candidates to have experience or an understanding of supported living/hostel environments
- Empathy when working with vulnerable young adults aged 16 – 25 including those with complex needs within a supported housing environment or other support-based settings
- Strong administrative and organisational skills and excellent customer service with experience of working in a busy environment
- A good level of numeracy and experience of maintaining financial records required for monitoring the collection of weekly charges, arrears, petty cash, etc.
- Ability to use relevant IT systems including data entry, running queries and producing reports
- Self-motivating with the ability to work under pressure and manage time effectively, prioritising work according to need
- Commitment to supportive team working
- Willingness to work flexibly in response to changing organisational requirements and occasional work outside of office hours
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English.
About The Cardinal Hume Centre:
- Experience of rent management / housing management software
- An understanding of safeguarding
- GCSE A – C in English and Math
The Cardinal Hume Centre works to prevent and tackle youth and family homelessness.
The Centre prides itself on its welcome and person-centred approach. It recognises everyone is different, often with complex needs and so our response must be multi-layered. We therefore have six principal services: residential services for homeless young people; family support; housing and welfare rights advice; employment support; learning; and immigration advice and advocacy.
The Centre is based within five minutes’ walk from Parliament, but it is also in the borough with the highest level of rough sleeping in the Country and the highest proportion of households living in temporary homes. With an annual income in the region of £2.9 million, the Centre currently employs around 60 members of staff. We also benefit from a loyal supporter base and the generous contribution of around 100 volunteers.Location:
Part time Permanent. 21 hours in a 24 hour week. 8am – 4pm (Monday, Wednesday & Friday)Salary:
£14,400 per annum (£24,000 FTE)Application deadline:
Sunday 26th September 2021
*Previous applicants need not apply*
Benefits: Holidays: 24 days, rising to 26 after one year’s service, and 28 after two years’ service (pro rata for part time), not including Bank Holidays which are worked out pro rata. Season Ticket Loan is available. Cycle to work scheme is offered
We only consider applications from those that meet the essential requirements of the role. If you feel you fit these requirements, then please apply.
We are always looking for talented people from all backgrounds, to join us and help improve the lives of homeless young people, insecurely housed families and their children. We particularly want to encourage people from under-represented groups to consider applying to work or volunteer with the Cardinal Hume Centre.
You may have experience of the following: Administration, Admin, Support Officer, Administration Assistant, Business Support, Support Accommodation, Charity, Third Sector, Social Work, Homelessness, Vulnerable People, NFP, Not for Profit, Housing etc.