Are you customer services driven and have at least 12 months experience in Customer Service and Insurance? Morton Michel are looking for an Advised Account Handler who is looking for their next step. Coming from a proven background of Broker, wholesale or DUA you will join a company who really cares about their people and their customers.
Here at Morton Michel, we are a close-knit team that take pride in our ability to deliver a first-class service to our customers. To do this we strive to create an environment which is great for our people. We want our people to enjoy coming to work, and to feel they can make a difference. We believe in treating our people well and showing them that they are what makes a company great.
Our modern offices based in Knollys House, is on the main Train, Tram and bus route and a 5 minute walk into town. We operate a smart/casual dress code in the office and embrace career development and flexible working.Responsibilities:
- To treat our customers fairly providing a professional, friendly, and efficient service to clients contributing to growth of the accounts working within Group Broking Procedures and to company service standards
- To provide professional advice to our clients through both distance sale and face to face operating models
- To profitably develop PIB Insurance Brokers in accordance with the Business Plan.
- To develop and place a portfolio of profitable general insurance business through designated Insurer panels to achieve the Unit Business Plan.
- To ensure timely, compliant, and effective Client and Insurer administration and processing on core PIB systems.
- To provide technical support to Clients and Colleagues.
- To advice our new and/or existing clients on adequate and appropriate insurance covers
- To manage all aspects of the customer journey process ensuring that all customers are dealt with in a professional manner and procedures followed in line with Group Broking Procedures Provided
- To proactively contact clients or prospect client for the provision of their insurance needs
- To achieve the KPI’s set for your role as defined by your Line Manager
- Ensure that all Inbound or outbound calls are answered to agreed service levels, within TCF parameters and to quality standards.
- Utilise communication and negotiation techniques to explain the features and benefits of our products, to internal and external customers through professional advice delivered to our clients
- Preparation and issue of Risk Registers / Pre-renewal Agendas / Submission / Renewal Reports for issue to Clients/Insurers/ Meeting confirmation reports where required
- Computer records, accurate creation and maintenance ensuring completeness including Intelligent labelling of system entries
- Open communication and liaison with all other departments within PIB to encourage new business opportunities
- Securing payment from clients within timescales
- Accurate use of task bar and diary systems to ensure workload is managed and any problems reported to your Line manager
- Continual professional development (self-driven) within all relevant aspects of the industry Continued growth and expansion of product knowledge and technical expertise working towards chartered insurance qualifications as required
- Identify, report and resolve: - Breaches / complaints / E&O and to Respond positively to QA
- At least 12 months experience in Customer Service and Insurance ideally managing Broker accounts.
- Cert CII qualification or studying towards this.
- Objection handling experience
- Computer literate – demonstrate use of MS Office
- Excellent customer service skills
- Rapport building skills to be able to speak with our customers and build relationships
- Can-do positive attitude towards customers and team member alike
- Self-driven to continuously improve performance
- It would be desirable if you have experience of using Acturis
As well as a competitive salary we offer the following benefits -
- Competitive holiday allowance with the annual option to buy additional days
- Death in Service benefit of x4 salary
- Company pension scheme
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave packages
- A flexible benefits package which allows you to add additional benefits to your overall package
- Our benefits portal offers discounts on technology & electronics, cinemas, restaurants, days out, mortgage advice, travel and many more
- Referral schemes
- Discounted rates on PIB products
- We offer a first-class employee benefits and welfare package to support our employees with financial management, cycle to work scheme, counselling support, health screening, will writing, menopause support, books, stopping smoking and much more
- If supporting the local community, engaging with charities and having the opportunity to ‘give something back’ interests you, you have the opportunity to take an extra day to support this with a Volunteering day.
- We also offer a wide range of discounts including a kids pass – giving you discount to over 4500 attractions and activities, discounts at hairdressers and beauticians, climate change projects with lots of other options to choose
- PIB has a comprehensive learning & development framework, including professional study options and apprenticeships which are available to all employees, and which will support your career development
- Being a part of our PIB Community Trust, we support fundraising where you can apply for grants from PIB Group towards your chosen charity
- PIB Group are committed to improving their environmental impact in a responsible way. From the individual actions that our colleagues take every day through to installing the right facilities across our premises, there are many measures in place to help reduce PIB’s carbon footprint.
We are proud of our success and growth and have been recognised for many industry awards across our business. If you wish to work for a company that truly puts people at the heart of their organisation, then we would love to hear from you. PIB operates a flexible working policy, and our management teams will talk to you about how that would meet both your flexible working needs and those of the business and role you are applying for. We would love to hear from you if you want to hear more about opportunities in PIB.
We are an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Ref: 133 648