We are delighted you are considering Ramboll to reignite your career. Have you read the Ramboll Return to Work programme landing page on our site? It provides all the return to work programme details you should know.
Read on for further details about this role, if you have exact experience or relevant and whether you have been out of the industry for 12 months or 12 years, we urge you to cross that line and submit your CV and covering letter. We Know You, We Are You, We can Help You.
Here at Inclusivity we have specialised in returner programmes for skilled people for over 6 years and our work is to help you transition back into a position and/or industry you have/once had a passion for. With this programme you will also be joining a cohort of other talented and experienced returners. Inclusivity and Ramboll work closely and in partnership to make this happen.
Ramboll have offices in London, Southampton, Birmingham, Chester, Bristol, Manchester, Edinburgh and Glasgow, they are open to flexible working over 3, 4 or 5 days across these offices as well as being open to working from home.
About this Opportunity
Ramboll has a worldwide practice, characterised by the highest level of technical and scientific skills. In the UK the team works on a wide variety of air quality projects including environmental impact assessments of major developments, large infrastructure schemes, urban developments and assessments of industrial emissions for both planning and permitting.
As a Senior Air Quality Consultant you will help provide day to day management of air quality assessments, assisted by more senior colleagues and be part of Ramboll's Environment & Health division.
What you will be doing / Example deliverables
- Deliver and help manage air quality projects as part of a multi-disciplinary team or as standalone projects;
• Provide support to the air quality Service line leads;
• Keeping up to date with the latest developments, regulations and standards appropriate for air quality assessments;
• Represent, or support others in representing Ramboll’s air quality services to external stakeholders, external presentations and contributing to market-facing initiatives; and
• Support the winning of new air quality projects by preparing effective technical proposals, taking an active role in the development of our air quality services, supporting the upskilling of colleagues and by strengthening relationships with new and existing clients.
Prior to your career break it is likely you have some (don't need all!) of the following experience
• Experience delivering air quality assessments within the UK for a wide range of schemes;
• Experience with using Air Dispersion Models (i.e. ADMS, ADMS Roads, Aermod) and the application of GIS packages for digitisation of data input and output;
• Ability to interpret environmental guidelines, policies, plans and legislative requirements and assess their applicability to the project to identify appropriate solutions;
• Understanding of the UK legal framework for air quality assessments including environmental permitting;
• Ability to engage with Clients and stakeholders to understand requirements, obtain sufficient information, and succinctly and accurately report findings and deliver results;
• Well organised and able to prioritise their own workload with minimal supervision; and
We look forward to receiving your application!
Submit your CV and covering note, be honest about your experience but also tell us what you need from Ramboll to make this amazing opportunity work for you. Remember:
Closing date 8th October and we interview on a rolling basis so don't wait to submit your application until then.
- they have offices across the UK
- are accepting flexible work requests across 3,4 or 5 days
- and you can work from home
- plus we work with Ramboll to offer you 1:1 coaching and on-going support.