Royal London is the largest mutual life insurance, pensions and investment company in the UK. Since its foundation 160 years ago, Royal London has supported millions of people to protect and provide for themselves and their families.
Our culture is welcoming, friendly, flexible and we aim to make you always feel included. We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break or those who are transitioning from different sectors.
To support this we are always open to discussing flexible working arrangements and as we transition to hybrid working we will discuss working patterns or locations that ensure you have the freedom to be your best. It’s what makes Royal London a great place to work.
We believe that being together some of the time will help our colleagues to feel truly connected to our Spirit of Royal London culture. Many of us value the passing conversations, social interactions and building relationships that comes from being together in the office.
Royal London Asset Management (RLAM) was established in 1988 and is a wholly owned and central part of the Royal London Group. Since our inception we have built a reputation as an innovative, high performing fund manager. Our track record and exceptional client service have been recognised with a number of awards. We are proud of the people we employ, the performance we have delivered and the wide-ranging group of clients we manage.
Reporting to the Manager of Investment Support, this is a great opportunity to form part of a team which ensures both effective delivery of service to and from outsourced operations, and compliance with contractual service level agreements. The remit revolves around supporting Front Office activities and acting as a central point of contact between HSBC & RLAM Front Office – the team operates at high pace and each individual is trusted with efficient resolution of issues arising.
- To ensure effective delivery of service to and from outsourced operations, ensuring that the service remains in line with contractual SLA and all issues are dealt with quickly and effectively
- Ensure the team is compliant to the RLAM Risk framework looking to implement enhanced controls for operations when applicable
- Act as a reference point for all audits within the team
- Attend operational meetings both internal and external where required to provide operational expertise3
- Good experience of Word and Excel (intermediate level – vlookups, basic macros)
- Knowledge of Fixed Income, Equity, FX, Cash management and Private asset classes
- Experience in an asset management environment
- Ability to manage change with our third-party administrators
- Understanding of Fund Manager daily routines and processes
- Strong customer focused communication skills
- Knowledge of Regulatory landscape
- Understanding of the Post trade lifecycle support, reconciliation experience, failed trade resolution
- Exposure to Client Onboarding, Fund set up and in-specie transitions desirable
- Exceptional query prioritisation management of the team’s email inbox
- Demonstration of continuous improvement best practises
- Knowledge of Bloomberg and Thinkfolio would be desirable
- Knowledge of an outsource operational oversight function would be desirable
- Leverage Loan and CLO experience would be advantageous
What we offer
- We've always been proud to reward employees by offering a number of benefits such as Pensions and Protection, Performance and role-related benefits, Lifestyle and Wellbeing
- Our culture comes from within, or to put it another way, it comes from our people. It’s what makes Royal London a great place to work.
- Our People Promise is something we live up to every day. We know we can rely on you, and you can expect plenty from us in return.
- Glassdoor have again ranked as among the best places to work in the UK.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We work hard to attract the best talent for our award-winning team. We believe that embracing difference makes us stronger. Our diverse people bring us different skills – whatever their educational background, disability, gender, age, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
In fact, the first pillar of our People Promise is designed to make sure you 'work somewhere inclusive'. We want to live up to this promise; it’s good for our people and good for our customers too, because our workforce should reflect our communities.