Royal London is the largest mutual life insurance, pensions and investment company in the UK. Since its foundation 160 years ago, Royal London has supported millions of people to protect and provide for themselves and their families.
Our culture is welcoming, friendly, flexible and we aim to make you always feel included. We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break or those who are transitioning from different sectors.
To support this, we are always open to discussing flexible working arrangements and as we transition to hybrid working, we will discuss working patterns or locations that ensure you have the freedom to be your best. It’s what makes Royal London a great place to work.
We believe that being together some of the time will help our colleagues to feel truly connected to our Spirit of Royal London culture. Many of us value the passing conversations, social interactions and building relationships that comes from being together in the office.
The purpose of the role is to control and deliver end to end rectification events for the benefit of our customers. Rectification Analysts support the Rectification Issue Manager in their duties and assist in the planning and delivery of mandatory projects and rectification events to their conclusion.
As a Rectification Analyst you will be responsible for the delivery of rectification actions and events, through identifying appropriate, effective, and efficient solutions that ensure a consistent approach to rectification. You will also display your detailed understanding of business requirements for each rectification event and provide input to business solution design models.
- Assist in the analysis of rectification events, with the ability to make recommendations and solution improvements.
- Excellent problem solving, analysis and reporting skills to effectively analyse rectification processes; including identifying alternative solutions, assesses feasibility and recommending new approaches.
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge across a number of business areas, including technical product knowledge to deliver successful rectification solutions.
- Proven capabilities in driving continuous improvement and encouraging creative rectification solutions.
- Ability to translate technical detail so that the customer can understand.
- A wide and recognised knowledge of policy contracts and charging structures and processes in Group Customer Services combined with a good knowledge of legislation
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft applications and analytical processes.
- Ability to work independently and flexibly to meet the demands of the rectification events.
What we offer
- We've always been proud to reward employees by offering a number of benefits such as Pensions and Protection, Performance and role-related benefits, Lifestyle and Wellbeing
- Our culture comes from within, or to put it another way, it comes from our people. It’s what makes Royal London a great place to work.
- Our People Promise is something we live up to every day. We know we can rely on you, and you can expect plenty from us in return.
- Glassdoor have again ranked as among the best places to work in the UK
We are an equal opportunities employer. We work hard to attract the best talent for our award-winning team. We believe that embracing difference makes us stronger. Our diverse people bring us different skills – whatever their educational background, disability, gender, age, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
In fact, the first pillar of our People Promise is designed to make sure you 'work somewhere inclusive'. We want to live up to this promise; it’s good for our people and good for our customers too, because our workforce should reflect our communities.