Apprentice Pricing Analyst
Halifax, West Yorkshire or Reading
Covéa Insurance are on the hunt for a budding apprentice to join our Pricing Team. If you’re interested in starting your career in an Insurance Company, this is the perfect opportunity for you! You’ll be working on a variety of projects, firstly gathering and processing the data, analysing it, and producing a recommendation to change one or more existing models.
You don’t need to come for an insurance background. We have a fantastic Learning & Development team who will teach you everything you need to know and a leadership team who will support and empower you to continue to learn and grow throughout your career. We just want people who share our passion for making a real difference.
What would you be responsible for in this role?
- Gathering and processing data, analysing it, and producing recommendations
- Working on projects that can be incredibly varied, for example one week you might be testing whether a new type of credit score is a good predictor of motor accidents, the next week you might be tweaking a process to optimise our premiums on price-comparison websites to be as competitive as possible.
- Initially these projects would be closely supervised by a senior analyst or mentor, but with enough experience, apprentices would be given more freedom to define the direction of their analysis.
- Apprentice analysts would also be involved in the checking, testing and implementing of other analysts work, for example monitoring whether a change that has been implemented has had the desired impact.
What would we like to see in you?
- A passion for maths, numbers and all things data!
- Highly motivated and driven with the desire to learn and develop
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to work on multiple computer systems, ensuring all information is accurate and up to date
- Able to prioritise workloads and meet targets and deadlines
- First class interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with a wide range of people, both verbally and written
Within the Pricing team there are specialisations available in data science, market pricing or rates implementation. A typical career path would progress to become a senior analyst (taking responsibility for managing the workload and development of other analysts), and then pricing manager. Sideways moves to other areas of the business would also be possible.
What’s on offer?
- Data Technician Level 4 Apprenticeship – Virtual delivery and support throughout the 24 month programme.
- 36.25 working hours per week with flexitime
- Annual pay review and performance related bonus
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Lots of fun activities, initiatives and celebrations such as; awards nights, Christmas parties, team lunches, quiz nights
- A supportive leadership team and one to one time with your manager each month to discuss your personal development, what you’ve achieved and any support you might be needing
- Lots of support for your mental wellbeing through Covea Minds, who provide Mental Health First Aiders and an Employee Assistance Programme where employees can access additional support such as counselling
- One volunteering day a year to support a charity close to your heart
- Excellent staff pension scheme
- Health benefits such as free eye tests, flu jabs and the option to opt into private medical insurance
- Additional benefits such as discounted gym memberships, cycle to work schemes and discounts at lots of retailers
Please note, due to Covid-19, we currently plan to deliver the training virtually so successful candidates will need to be comfortable learning remotely. You may also be required to work remotely once training is completed, but will need to be in commutable distance to the office