Are you an experienced Area Manager? Are you looking for a role in which you can make drive improvements in company that works tirelessly to make the world a cleaner and greener place and delivers services that evolve around the circular economy?
We offer a competitive salary and relocation package.The Role
This is a key, hands on, managerial role within the UK Division offering a broad scope of responsibilities and the opportunity to add real value to the operations of this important PPP contract. Your role will be to proactively monitor, manage and continuously improve the day to day running of the two sites, delivering contractual diversion targets in line with A&B council requirements within agreed budget parameters. In order to achieve this, responsibilities include:
Experience, Education & Qualifications
- Drive a Safety First Culture to create a safe working environment and comply with Company SHEQ policies and procedures. Work with SHEQ Advisor to develop and improve protocols.
- Achieve contract targets by driving daily and visual management ethos through performance management metrics and dashboards across the sites
- Improve profitability and develop cost reduction programme through root cause analysis and problem solving
- Develop and sustain 5S visual management process to ensure all site, mobile and static plant checks are audited and sustained, ensuring environmental compliance.
- Daily management of team members on the three sites ensuring tasks are appropriately apportioned to maximise efficiency, reduce OT and reduce downtime
- Develop and improve morale across the sites by working with A&B engagement team, PDRs, development programmes and succession planning
- Support smooth running and efficiency of operation by ensuring no site barriers to transportation movements
- Close liaison with maintenance team to ensure that PPM schedules are on time every time
- Produce weekly updates on KPIs and monthly reports on site performance for Contract Director and monthly presentation at management meetings
- Be first point of contact for customer complaints
- Deputise for Contract Director / Dunoon, Bute manager during holidays
- Experience of driving continuous improvement activities and able to evidence improvements in previous roles
- Strong man management and leadership skills, including experience of motivating teams, performance reviews and development
- Process oriented approach with strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Budget experience, including plant and maintenance costs, overtime etc.
- Confident Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and email skills and experience of using data to produce reports
- Excellent communication skills
- Driving licence and mobility to work away from home (travel expenses will be reimbursed)
Renewi PLC is a leading waste-to-product business ideally positioned to be part of the solution to some of the main environmental problems facing society today: reducing waste, avoiding pollution, and preventing the unnecessary use of finite natural resources.
The UK Services Division of Renewi PLC employs approximately 600 employees over 30 locations and collectively we handle more than 1.97 million tonnes of waste annually, achieving a 73% recycling and recovery rate.
As a Group, Renewi PLC employs approximately 6,500 employees over 162 locations in 6 countries in Europe. Collectively we handle more than 13 million tonnes of waste annually, achieve an 91% recycling and recovery rate and avoid 3 million tonnes of carbon pollution. We have the broadest range of waste-to-product services in the industry. Above all, our team is committed and passionate about our mission: waste no more.Location:
Argyll and Bute (Rothesay & Dunoon)Contract type:
Monday to Friday DaysSalary:
£35,630 plus £5,544 car allowanceBenefits:
34 days holiday, pension, life assurance cover, Share Save scheme, retail discounts, wellbeing programme, enhanced maternity and sick pay
You may have experience of the following: Area Manager, Team Leader, Regional Manager, Cluster Manager, FMCG, Regional Sales Manager, Area Sales manager, etc.
Ref: 132 773