My client is a market leading innovation company who are looking for a Assembly Production Team Leader to improve operational efficiency and optimise team working. Responsible for H&S, Quality and On-Time Delivery of production in the assigned area and team. This role is for late shift and will lead an Assembly Team.
This role is for Late Shift.
- As well as the role of Team Leader you will be expected to actively carry out Technician responsibilities by contributing to production of parts and assemblies as required.
- You may be expected to carry out other tasks as and when required by the role
Health & Safety
- Maintain manufacturing facility housekeeping to ensure high levels of 6S and Cleanliness
- Ensure that all Health and Safety policies are followed and report any concerns to the Production Supervisor.
- Support all Health & Safety activities - including Risk Assessment and Laser Safety Requirements.
- Supervise technicians ensuring smooth running of production processes.
- Lead by example; maintain and support all clients Core Values.
- Perform return to work interviews.
- Undertake regular performance appraisals and 1-1 with your Team members.
- Support recruitment and interviews for new team roles
- Daily - Start & end day status review with Production Planner & Teasm Leaders
- Weekly - Production Reviews with Operations Leadership Team
- Assist the Production Planner with scheduling and organizing manufacturing team in assigned area
- Manage team development by organising internal training & ensuring training records are maintained.
- Highlight any relevant external training required to the Production Supervisor and HR Manager.
Productivity and Quality
- Review key performance metrics with your Team members; and report results through weekly production meetings and monthly review.
- Monitor yields and first time reject rates with Quality team and lead action to reduce defects.
- Optimise equipment utilisation & work patterns to increase productivity.
- Report all technical issues to the Operations and Engineering teams to enable their support.
- Identify & propose projects to improve quality & efficiency and reduce waste, cost and cycle times.
Who are you:
- Relevant knowledge and experience of manufacturing in similar or relevant industry
- Relevant experience as part of a manufacturing team in a cleanroom environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexible in terms of changing work procedures, varying tasks and completing requested overtime if necessary
- Ability and desire to learn and develop
- Assertiveness & diplomacy
- Good verbal communication skills
- Previous supervisory experience in a cleanroom environment (highly desirable)
- Previous experience in laser/optics manufacturing
- Completion of supervisory training course
- Ability to produce reports in a timely manner
- IOSH Health & Safety course
- Experience with SAP or similar MRP system
Start Date ASAP, working hours will be Monday - Friday 1515 - 2315
Due to the site rules the successful candidate must be a non-smoker/Vaper
If you are interested in this role, please contact Vanessa at 02380 683 444 or apply now