An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Marketing Procurement Manager (Agencies) to join our client, a leading global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum, based at their prestigious facility in Blackfriars, London (2/3 days per week will be required from the office). This is a full-time temporary role for a period of 6 months, working a 36.25-hour week, to start ASAP. This role is paying up to £45,100 per annum, pro rata, depending on experience.
There has never been a more exciting time to be working in Procurement, as we must remain best in class in delivering the basics, while adapting to the ever-dynamic business environment - reinventing ourselves for sustained competitive advantage. We need to work more closely than ever with suppliers to co-create sustainable practices and bigger and better innovations.
In this role, you will be part of the Marketing - Agencies Team, which is responsible for Creative Agencies including Social, PR among others. You will be assigned to a specific portfolio managing agencies end-to-end, including contracting, annual negotiations, and strategic tool rollouts. In parallel you will act as first point of contact for marketing queries in your market. This environment creates opportunities for each team member to step into projects that fit with their skills and personal preferences.
- You are going to implement the Marketing strategy with your agency partners and act as the FPOC in your region.
- Establish valued relationships with stakeholders within and outside of Unilever, including suppliers, CDMO and MCO business stakeholders, Supplier Operations, Strategy and Insights team and third-party service providers
- Business engagement: Act as first point of contact for the business to all Agencies procurement related questions. Ensure the satisfaction of UL stakeholders with the goods or services provided within your portfolio while ensuring compliancy of business users to procurement policies and contracts
- Vendor management: Identification and initial assessments of suppliers, preparing and managing supplier selection process and working with legal to finalise commercial agreements
- Identify and deliver value adding activities to contribute to business and procurement targets. Implementation and tracking of saving projects in SRS tool and delivery of cash through payment term extensions
- Selling ideas to stakeholders to convey value while communicating appropriately
- Continuously improve ways of working and optimize activities in your portfolio
- Must have either in-direct procurement experience (ideally in marketing procurement portfolio), or marketing and/or agency background would also be considered.
- Ability to work under pressure in a complex global environment, balancing a broad spectrum of stakeholder requirements. Must be an expert in stakeholder engagement.
- Understanding of supply market, value chain, and FMCG.
- Knowledge across multiple Marketing portfolios and supply markets.
- Leading multiple projects simultaneously and independently.
- Demonstrated and proven leadership capabilities to lead transformative initiatives
- Experience in shaping and leading transformational business process reengineering, with experience driving Change Management initiatives. Comfortable working in conditions of ambiguity and leading through change.
- Knowledge of and passion for sustainability, including social sustainability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including creation and delivery of effective presentations.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Strong MS Excel and PowerPoint abilities.