Assistant Network Engineer
Working from home and or hybrid.
Salary up to £29K with a good benefits package.
An award winning and innovative alternative network seek the very best Assistant Network Engineer to lead by example on their fibre roll-out to other areas within the East of England.
Reporting to the Head of Network Strategy & Operations, you will have direct responsibility for.
- Network management and routing protocols
- Write and maintain network/operational documents
- Monitor, interrogate and customise network elements
- Maintenance of network systems, this may include maintaining server hardware and provision a range of virtual machines including but not limited to: CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu and Windows Server and maintaining network supporting systems including but not limited to RADIUS, MySQL Databases, Agora
- Anticipate network demands and plan upgrades including costing and design
- Plan an effective maintenance programme for optimal network performance (including performing Security Audits on the network for potential new threats or exploits using tools such as ZenMap, nMAP and Kali Linux)
- Provide network KPIs to the Network Manager and SMT team
- Run and terminate fibre optic cables including splicing
- Install network equipment
- Engage with the Delivery Team to manage an effective hand over of build to operations
- Work independently on-site and as part of a team
- Carry out scheduled and emergency network maintenance
- Identify ways to improve our network and our procedures
- Provision and test new databases to ensure high speed and high availability including cloud database solutions and MySQL Clustering
- To respond to network emergencies as required to maintain customer SLAs
- Work with and ensure that the SLAs are met with the key active equipment vendors to resolve 3rd line issues
- Work with our Customer Support, Technical Support and Field Engineering teams to help diagnose and resolve third tier reported issues
- Create Labs to reproduce customer issues where appropriate
- Participation in the on-call rota
- Be able to analyse and rectify faults on the fibre network to meet the agreed SLA
- Be able to configure new fibre services and assist Level 2 and Level 1 customer support where required
- Train Level 1 and Level 2 Customer Support Teams on the fibre network
- When required audit and Commission new fibre network by surveying design documents, surveying splicing diagrams, auditing cabinets, performing OTDR inspections and performing VFR inspection on backhaul connections to ensure highest quality of connections
- Carry out onsite surveys and preparation of survey reports
- Assist with the development of internal and external system requirements
- Assist with the production of quotations for installations and service provision
- Using all current and future company systems as required, including but not limited to Keycom, Geopal and QGIS
Juniper OS Qualification (desirable)
2 years' experience in the Technology or Network sector
Switching (Layer 2 and Layer 3), Routing, BGP, OSPF, IP, VLANs, QinQ, POE, Trunking and Capacity Management and be familiar with the 7 Layer OSI models
Understanding of Fibre networks and specifically GPON architecture and associated equipment (OLT, ONT etc.) and systems
Network management system such as Agora, Nagios, The Dude and Librenms
Maintain up to date knowledge of wireless technologies and be familiar with such matters as RSSI, Antenna Gain, dB, Fresnel Zones and Channel Interference and link budgets (desirable)
Good interpersonal skills
liaise and manage relationships with stakeholders effectively
For detailed information, please send your CV in the first instance.