Assistant Store Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for a SPAR Assistant Manager, who is motivated, friendly, hands-on and passionate about their store. Reporting directly to the Store Manager, you will support the Store Manager to lead and develop their team, control costs and leakage and provision of friendly, excellent service to customers, colleagues and visitors.
A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is the 60th largest privately owned company in the UK. This forward thinking family-owned business began life in 1917 as a counter-service grocery store, and has grown from these humble beginnings into a company that now owns 280 SPAR Convenience Stores and employs more than 7,500 people with a turnover in excess of £1 billion. As one of the largest convenience retailers in the UK, we are always looking for innovative ways to create a point of difference. Our stores offer a wide range of food-to-go options, including; Food To Go and Daily Deli as well as a number of franchise partners to increase the choice available to customers such as Subway & Greggs.
• To deliver customer service in line with SPARkling Service standards
• To be fully aware of KRA’s and assist in working to deliver and improve them.
• To generate ideas for driving the business and it’s team forward
• To assist in monitoring competitor activity
• To assist in developing a motivated and empowered team through a positive management style
• To assist in ensuring training is delivered as scheduled
• To use relevant processes and policies to control the security of people, stock and cash
• To ensure compliance with relevant legislation and health and food safety responsibilities as defined in the induction and training
What's in it for you?
• Develop your skills and capability in a highly supportive and multi-diverse culture
• Outstanding Training & Development
• Gain hands-on experience in a high volume, fast paced convenience store
• Excellent benefits package including: Staff Discount, Staff Lottery, Company Pension Scheme, Savings Scheme, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Staff Social Fund, Life Cover, Health Cash Plan, Employee Volunteering opportunities
• Generous staff discount
• Proactive promotion of internal candidates
• Paid Breaks
• Free Tea & Coffee
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 40 Hours p/w (Various shifts)
Salary: c£20k with potential to earn bonus of £5,200
Benefits: Bonus Scheme potential of up to £5,200pa, Company Sick Pay, Additional Holidays, Company Pension Scheme, Life Cover, Staff Discount, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Volunteering opportunities
Closing date for applications: 7th November, 2021
You may have experience of the following: Retail Manager, Assistant Store Manager, Retail, Convenience, FMCG, Grocery Manager, Supermarket, Food, Retail Management, Business Development, Food Service, Convenience Store, Store Manager, Retail Manager, Branch Manager, etc.