An exciting opportunity to join our Engineering team. This position would suit an action oriented and career focused Engineer who would like to develop within a World Class Organisation. Opportunity to work with a large array of industrial control systems – Beckhoff, Rockwell, Siemens, Cognex, Pilz, Mitsubishi, UR, Kepware.
Some of the responsibilities are:
- Support the site Industry 4.0 roadmap, identifying automation opportunities and providing solutions to drive productivity, reduce downtime, reduce costs and increase product quality.
- Develop concepts, proposals, specifications and requirements documents for automation projects
- Build, install and commission automation equipment as required to support the business
- Work closely with corporate IT/OT functions to maintain alignment with corporate Industry 4.0 strategy.
- Help develop and maintain improvements to OT systems cyber security.
- Develop processes and systems to drive regulatory compliance e.g. Machinery Directive, GAMP.
- Ensure compliance with ISO9001, ISO13485, GMP and regulatory standards 21CFR Part 820 in all activities
- Provide day-day technical support for automated systems within the Wexford site, with root cause failure analysis for any impact to plant or production equipment.
- Support and drive Lean /Six Sigma projects
Experience / qualifications
- B.Eng /B.Tech (Manufacturing, Electrical, Controls) or equivalent academic qualifications
- Previous industrial work experience in a regulated manufacturing environment, machine builder, automation solution provider or similar.
- Strong automation skills, with experience in Beckhoff (TC3), Rockwell (Logix Platform), GE iFix SCADA.
- Experience with plant data collection, Historian applications.
- Experience in working with EPlan P8 and/or Solidworks an advantage.
- Excellent planning, organisational, presentation and communication skills, both written and oral, with a proven track record on delivering on project commitments
- Ability to work on own initiative and as parts of a multi-disciplinary team as required
- Understanding of Machinery Directive and ISO 9000, ISO 13485 Quality systems