You will join us as a Bid Manager and will lead the bid management process to ensure we are pursuing and responding to new business opportunities in specific sectors with winning responses and proposals.Bid Manager Responsibilities:
Bid Manager Requirements:
- Accountable for the response to all public and private tenders and proposals for your sector.
- Lead the ‘virtual Bid team’ within the sector comprising: Business Development, Operations, Solution Design, Project Management, Finance, IT, HR and Commercial through the defined UL Bid Management process.
- Manage appropriate portals in collaboration with BD leads.
- Write, and oversee the writing of articulate, concise, proposals, presentations and other documents as required.
- Manage the end-to end production of bid documents and ensure that all proposals are completed on time and comply fully with the customer specification and requirements.
- Facilitate Value Proposition sessions, to ensure customer-centric and rationalised win strategies are developed and integrated into submission documents.
- Lead the qualification and sign off process, including document creation for opportunities.
- Track and manage key outputs, actions and clarifications throughout the bid process.
- Lead Tender Reviews Meetings to drive collaborative sessions with the bid team.
- Ensure a high quality, customer centric, look and feel of proposal documents.
- Work with the sector team and key stakeholders to develop sector, industry and customer insight, including competitor insight to support Unipart’s challenger selling strategy.
- Work with the wider UL Bid Management Team to improve processes.
- Act as an ambassador for Bid management practices across the sector and wider Unipart Logistics business.
Articulate, with business writing experience in the public and private sector. You will have strong written, verbal, and presentation skills and be a proficient user of Microsoft Office, in particular Powerpoint and Word. You will have experience operating at a senior level and the ability to manage multiple stakeholders. With previous public and bid management experience, you will be used to working under pressure and to challenging deadlines with energy and passion and will have the flexibility to deal with change. If you have experience in the field of supply chain logistics, a knowledge of Utilities / Defence and external bid training (for instance: Shipley or APMP) this would be an advantage.About Unipart:
You may remember Unipart as the company who in the 1970s revolutionised the automotive parts industry. Unipart is a different company today with clients such as McLaren, Apple, Vodafone, BSkyB, Jaguar Land Rover and, the NHS. The Unipart Group is an independent manufacturing, logistics and consultancy company who employs nearly 10,000 employees worldwide and has an annual turnover of more than £1 billion.Location:
Nuneaton, Warwickshire. Blended working with remote / home / office mix.Contract Type:
Full Time, 40 per weekSalary:
£45,000 to £50,000 dependent upon experience, plus car / car allowance
You may have experience of the following: Bid Manager, Business Development, Tender Management, Senior Bid Writer, Tender Manager, Proposal Manager, Tender Writer, Service Delivery, Supply Chain, Logistics, Utilities, Project Manager, etc.
Ref: 102 486