Business Application and Support Manager
Duration: 6 month contract
Location: Hatfield - Hybrid 2-3 days on site
Pay: £400 - £450 a day inside IR35
In this role you will face off to the vendor and the customer service teams on how to improve work-flow, processes, ticketing. You will act as the bridge between the customer service teams and the engineers. You will access the processes and coming up with solutions to improve the processes working an end of goal of an improved customer experience.
- Operational responsibility for BSS and OSS applications that underpin the solution for customers and employees.
- Responsible for management of internal and external stakeholders and partners to ensure success of programme, resolution of issues and delivery of benefits
- Operational responsibility for developing resource plans; prioritises and allocates work to achieve projects, or components
- Operates outside of set designs and guidelines to find innovate solutions to optimise delivery of technical solution
- Responsible for providing technical leadership to drive service restoration in the event of service outages, including any remedial actions
- Responsible for performing and managing change activities in live networks to agreed timescales in a Right First-Time manner
- Responsible for driving improvements that contribute to Service Availability targets being exceeded
- Responsible for knowledge transfer and up-skilling of colleagues to allow new work to be absorbed with minimal increase in FTE
- Responsible for driving operational excellence and transformation programme
- Responsible for vendor operational governance and performance
Experience and Skill sets
- Product and service knowledge - You demonstrate subject matter expertise in complex, technical infrastructure, products and services. You develop bespoke solutions to meet short, medium, and long-term customer needs
- Detailed understanding of Linux and SQL databases
- A Telecoms and/or background would be highly advantageous
- The ability to perform a Database Administrator function with minimal guidance.
- The ability to drive complex faults or deployment issues through to resolution via the use of diagnostic tools and techniques.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with customers and internal stakeholders when required, up to and including director level.
- The ability to take a lead in the identification of root causes for issues and ability to take proactive steps to ensure there is minimal impact to customer service or re-occurrence of the issue.
- System thinking - You provide technical expertise to evaluate the impacts and links between structure, people, process, and technology. You think through the whole systems context, new perspectives, and insight before taking on projects.
- Use data analytics - You identify opportunities to use data analytics to make better decisions. You deliver process, systems, or tool changes to improve our data analytics capability
- Issue Management - You conduct a deep review of data and issues to quickly reveal the root cause. You recommend short and long-term solutions to complex problems and follow through to make sure we solve them
If you feel you have the required experience and skill set for this position, please do not hesitate to apply.