Chadderton, Manchester, M24
Salary: competitive basic + 20% bonus + great bens!
Office based role
Sector: Retail, wholesale, drinks, FMCG
- Full clean driving licence
* Free Parking
* Private healthcare
* 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
* Pension employer contribution
This client provides licensed establishments with all of their bar and sundry supplies and are more than just a distributor and at 24th place in the Sunday Times PWC Profit Track 100, they have become the fastest growing privately owned drinks company in Britain. Their aim is to provide the best customer service in the industry, as well as an impressive and extensive portfolio of products. Currently employ over 900 people and they have 14 depots across the UK as well as a Support Centre and Hub distribution centre based in Manchester.
The Senior Buyers responsible for sourcing and choosing products for sale in retail businesses. Duties include researching their target market, analysing sales data and building relationships with suppliers.
Objectives of the job:
To be an integral part of the trading team in developing and implementing Company Buying & Range Strategies.
What are we looking for:
* CIPS would be advantageous, but not essential.
* Competent in use of Microsoft suite of packages.
* Food or FMCG buying experience an advantage but not essential.
* Minimum of 3 years commercial experience.
* To negotiate and manage the lowest net delivered cost
* To negotiate, manage and maintain annual supplier terms.
* To tender all product categories relating to you in line with the group schedule.
* Within your designated area of responsibility, continually review the range of products stocked by Group and make recommendations to improve the offer and/or supply chain in order to increase group turnover and ultimately company profitability.
* To advise Company on new supplier and product opportunities.
* To manage any Brand products that you are responsible for
* To manage in conjunction with the Commercial Teams any Brand NPD.
* Strive towards maximising gross margins through improved cost prices/terms, product substitutions, forward buying and any other method as appropriate to the business.
* Develop promotional and category strategies through working with key suppliers and Commercial & Sales departments.
* Work closely with the group buying team to identify any supply problems or other issues ensuring that any sub-standard suppliers are dealt with in the appropriate manner.
* Maintenance of Company Price Files
* Strive towards improving the level of supplier contributions and advertising monies in-line with group policies and ensuring all arrangements are documented.
* To liaise closely with the Marketing department on promotional material created
* Ensure that all supplier, product, pricing and promotional details are accurately maintained within the group system.
* Provide regular updates to the management team on all activities including financial & budgetary matters.
* To work within deadlines.
* To provide a supporting role on key projects through information gathering, data analysis and accounting of project costs..
* Undertake any other duties as instructed by the managing director or any member of the senior management team.