Until 31st Dec 2021
My client is looking for a Buyer who will be responsible for managing procurement activity for specific goods and services, ensuring objectives relating to quality, cost, delivery, and supplier responsiveness are satisfied fully meeting department goals.
This person effectively manages internal and external relationships to achieve objectives and actively supports on-going strategic initiatives in line with business requirements.
- Manage relationships with designated suppliers of goods and services to ensure quality, cost, delivery and responsiveness targets are being achieved. Manage and enforce contract obligations.
- Conduct requests for quotation, evaluation, negotiations, and sourcing activities as directed in order to obtain a full range of products and services from suppliers that meet planned performance targets and Client guidelines.
- Drive annual cost down and minimise supplier cost increases. Accountable for commodity Purchase Cost Variance (PCV) performance.
- Raise orders and/or other demand signals accurately and on time to ensure all goods and services are supplied in accordance with customer and company requirements whilst at the same time optimising levels of inventory.
- Ensure compliance with government laws and regulations and company policies and processes.
- Manage day to day supplier quality, pricing and delivery issues, eradicating and/or escalating problems efficiently both internally and externally to minimise impact on our business. Facilitate and lead meetings internally and externally as required to address issues.
- Manage day to day activities in support of the procurement of materials and services including obsolesce, engineering changes, part revisions, invoice issues, pricing discrepancies, expediting/de-expediting, cancellations, and the management of defective materials.
- Manage system and supply chain performance parameters such as supplier contact information, lead times, minimum order quantities, delivery frequency, and schedules.
- Review performance data related to purchasing effectiveness and efficiency (in conjunction team leadership) in order to determine corrective actions where necessary and to exploit opportunities for continuous improvement, including joint initiatives with suppliers where appropriate.
- Carry out other duties as may be required within the job holder's capability consistent with the terms and conditions of employment.
If you feel you would be suitable, please send in your CV