There’s never been a more exciting time to be part of the nuclear sector. New opportunities are being created all the time. At NNL, you’ll be in the ideal place to capitalise on this momentum, face new challenges and develop a long, successful and meaningful career.
We’re an organisation that’s here to experiment and push the limits of what’s possible. So, if you’re keen to excel in your chosen field, this is the place to do it. Because at NNL, anything is possible.
To assist the Procurement Team with the procurement and contract management activities for a range of categories of spend, including corporate/professional services as well as science & technology partnerships and customer contracts, which will include procuring, implementing and managing a range of contracts and agreements with third party suppliers and supply chain partners.
The postholder can be located in either Warrington or Workington but agile working will be offered including home working.
Main Responsibilities for Buyer:
- Support the Department in delivering its Strategic Objectives, taking responsibility for engaging with stakeholders to ensure early engagement and a teaming approach throughout the Procurement Lifecycle.
- Responsible for managing and delivering multiple sourcing strategies. This will include but not be limited to:
- Sourcing activities which generate benefits and achieve financial savings targets
- Market analysis and creation of markets where necessary
- Identification of internal and external cost drivers
- Preparation of tender documentation and agreement of associated evaluation criteria
- Drafting and negotiation of Supply Chain contract Terms and Conditions, ensuring Flowdown Terms are integrated appropriately.
- Support NNL’s bid process to ensure any sub-contract requirements are understood and underpinned as necessary.
- Lead cross functional Sourcing Teams to undertake compliant procurements in accordance with the approved Sourcing Strategy, ensuring the team are aware of and adhere to their responsibilities.
- Negotiate contractual agreements with suppliers to ensure that service, quality, cost, security of supply and the deployment of the suppliers capabilities in innovation are secured.
- Undertake contract management where appropriate and continually develop supplier relationships through the SRM strategy.
The Ideal Candidate
Essential Criteria for Buyer:
- CIPS L3 or working towards
- Experience in Public Sector procurement including a variety of procurement routes and knowledge of exemptions
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills at all levels
- Experience of working in a fragmented team across multiple locations
- Previous procurement experience with responsibility for delivery of procurement sourcing strategies , preferably in Corporate categories
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Project management skills / awareness
- Good IT skills
- Abillity to achieve BPSS level clearance
Desirable Criteria for Buyer:
- Experience of contract and supplier management
- Experience of Partnership agreements
About The Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.
Recruitment Agency Notice
We operate a strict Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for the provision of recruitment services. Only agencies on our PSL may provide CVs and only when the role is released to them by our recruitment team. We will not accept unsolicited CVs from suppliers not currently on our PSL. We explicitly reserve the right to add candidate details from unsolicited CVs from non-PSL agencies into our own candidate database and to pursue/hire such candidate(s) without any obligation, financial or otherwise, to the agency concerned.