Royal London is the largest mutual life insurance, pensions and investment company in the UK. Since its foundation 160 years ago, Royal London has supported millions of people to protect and provide for themselves and their families.
Our culture is welcoming, friendly, flexible and we aim to make you always feel included. We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break or those who are transitioning from different sectors.
To support this we are always open to discussing flexible working arrangements and as we transition to hybrid working we will discuss working patterns or locations that ensure you have the freedom to be your best. It’s what makes Royal London a great place to work.
We believe that being together some of the time will help our colleagues to feel truly connected to our Spirit of Royal London culture. Many of us value the passing conversations, social interactions and building relationships that comes from being together in the office.
Our Protection Claims team continues to grow and thrive and we have an opportunity for experienced Claims Assessors to join our team in Edinburgh, Glasgow or remotely with regular travel. This is an exciting time to join the business, playing a pivotal role in driving growth and delivering our dynamic proposition to the market. Within this role we will offer you the opportunity to develop and grow your career through continuous training and development ensuring you reach your full potential.
The key purpose of the role is to assess claims and look for ways to pay them as effectively as possible to fulfil the client customer commitment and deliver a superior service.
- View each claim with an independent mind and consider them on their own merits in line with philosophy and standards keeping our customer’s situation in mind, empathising and using all resources available to alleviate the circumstances.
- Understand the philosophy for protection claims and the governance around this.
- Make sound assessment decisions by detailing thought process at each stage to ensure consistency of process.
- Have regular contact with reassurer both to discuss claims and to ensure quality/standards are suitable.
- Current Claims Authority Limit across a range of Individual Protection Products, including Death, CI, TI, IP, and WOP.
- Experience in managing an allocation of claims from intimation through to final decision/recommendation taking ownership for the quality, accuracy, and timely delivery.
- Proven record in ownership of identifying and resolving all complaints/enquiries, seeking to resolve at FPOC, escalating when the solution is out with your empowerment.
- Ability to document and demonstrate appropriate evidence gathering and decision rationale on each case summary. All summaries follow best practice guidance and are short, clear, and unambiguous.
- Ability to work within a team but also to manage own workload.
- Ability to build relationships with our customers through predominantly phone-based communication.
- CII claims qualification or working towards the qualification.
What we offer
- We've always been proud to reward employees by offering a number of benefits such as Pensions and Protection, Performance and role-related benefits, Lifestyle and Wellbeing
- Our culture comes from within, or to put it another way, it comes from our people. It’s what makes Royal London a great place to work.
- Our People Promise is something we live up to every day. We know we can rely on you, and you can expect plenty from us in return.
- Glassdoor have again ranked as among the best places to work in the UK
We are an equal opportunities employer. We work hard to attract the best talent for our award-winning team. We believe that embracing difference makes us stronger. Our diverse people bring us different skills – whatever their educational background, disability, gender, age, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief.
In fact, the first pillar of our People Promise is designed to make sure you 'work somewhere inclusive'. We want to live up to this promise; it’s good for our people and good for our customers too, because our workforce should reflect our communities.