Join us - one of the 'Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For' and the UK's largest tenant referencing and specialist insurance firm.The Role
We are looking for someone to cover, primarily with experience in delivering excellent customer service, who can confidently manage a portfolio of claims. The successful Claims Handler will work closely with our in-house Legal and Recoveries teams , Letting Agent’s and Tenants to deliver an efficient, high quality claims service.Key tasks and accountabilities:
To operate within a team of Claims Handlers, delivering a high quality Claims Provision to its diverse, Internal/External Customer base. Taking a pro-active and “hands on” approach to claims handling whilst embracing Barbon’s Vision and Values.Responsibilities
The Successful Candidate
- A previous background in Finance would be advantageous
- To undertake detailed fact finds for claims submitted, paying great attention to detail.
- To liaise via phone and email with customers to obtain relevant information and documentation to fully assess the claim.
- To convey the outcome of your assessment, whether accept or decline in a concise and informative way.
- To contact tenants and guarantors to discuss all aspects of the tenancy breach
- To draft and serve legal notices seeking possession.
- To prepare cases for Litigation.
- To identify and escalate trends or concerns.
- To conduct additional / alternative work as assigned by team leader to cover absenteeism or facilitate the smooth running of the department to achieve targets.
Experience/ Knowledge - Preferable
- Organised with the ability to manage workload and handle multiple cases at the same time, to meet service levels.
- Outstanding accuracy and attention to detail
- A professional and adaptable communication style - both written and verbal
- An excellent telephone manner with the ability to build relationships and the confidence to discuss rent arrears and proposals for repayment
- Enthusiastic, professional with a positive “can do” attitude.
- The ability to handle objections and to negotiate a successful outcome.
- The ability to stay calm under pressure whilst delivering results.
The successful candidate must have proven experience in delivering the very best customer service. We have a full inhouse training programme which will ensure you are provided with all the required technical skills required for this role.
If you think this role could be for you please applyFurther informationAs well as a competitive salary we offer the following benefits -
- Competitive holiday allowance with the annual option to buy additional days
- Death in Service benefit of x4 salary
- Company pension scheme
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave packages
- A flexible benefits package which allows you to add additional benefits to your overall package
- Our benefits portal offers discounts on technology & electronics, cinemas, restaurants, days out, mortgage advice, travel and many more
- Referral schemes
- Discounted rates on PIB products
- We offer a first-class employee benefits and welfare package to support our employees with financial management, cycle to work scheme, counselling support, health screening, will writing, menopause support, books, stopping smoking and much more
- If supporting the local community, engaging with charities and having the opportunity to ‘give something back’ interests you, you have the opportunity to take an extra day to support this with a Volunteering day.
- We also offer a wide range of discounts including a kids pass – giving you discount to over 4500 attractions and activities, discounts at hairdressers and beauticians, climate change projects with lots of other options to choose
- PIB has a comprehensive learning & development framework, including professional study options and apprenticeships which are available to all employees, and which will support your career development
- Being a part of our PIB Community Trust, we support fundraising where you can apply for grants from PIB Group towards your chosen charity
- PIB Group are committed to improving their environmental impact in a responsible way. From the individual actions that our colleagues take every day through to installing the right facilities across our premises, there are many measures in place to help reduce PIB’s carbon footprint.
We are proud of our success and growth and have been recognised for many industry awards across our business. If you wish to work for a company that truly puts people at the heart of their organisation, then we would love to hear from you. PIB operates a flexible working policy, and our management teams will talk to you about how that would meet both your flexible working needs and those of the business and role you are applying for. We would love to hear from you if you want to hear more about opportunities in PIB.
We are an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Ref: 134 960