As a Cleaning Operative, you will undertake individually or as part of a team the cleaning of school premises/public buildings , to include school classrooms toilets offices and communal areas. On occasion you may be responding to our clients’ requests as part of the rapid response team. You will be required to partake in both online and on site training as needed
You will undertake either early morning or evening cleaning activities, ensuring that the school/office buildings are cleaned to a high standard.Cleaning Operative Responsibilities:
Cleaning Operative Requirements:
- May be required to open the building and turn off alarms if designated as a key holder, unlock internal doors (where required lock internal doors and building).
- Undertake cleaning programme to high standard, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, dusting, buffing floors using both mechanical cleaning equipment and hand tools.
- Daily cleaning of school toilets, windows and where required, kitchen area.
- Ensure safe operation and storage of equipment and machinery, reporting faults and defects to the Line Manager.
- Refer any client / customer queries to your Line manager and deal with any complaints referring more difficult / complex issues to the Line Manager.
- Use creative skills to resolve routine problems and issues encountered on the job, referring more complex matters their line manager.
- Experience of undertaking a range of cleaning duties.
- Some knowledge of Health and Safety Regulations relevant to cleaning equipment and cleaning materials.
- Good communication skills.
- Be able to work in accordance with the council Equality and Diversity Policy.
About The BD Group:
- B.I.C s Training or NVQ would be an advantage.
- Health and Safety training / COSHH training.
Launched in 2018, BD Group is a professional service delivery company, offering a range of solutions predominantly for the built environment.
We are a dynamic, socially-aware organisation, committed to developing solutions to improve lives, to promote health and well-being, and to reducing environmental impact. We take pride in quality delivery, really listen to the needs of our customers, and focus on being a true partner.Location:
Part Time, 10 to 15 hours per weekSalary:
£11.32 per hourShift Patterns:
AM - 5.30 to 9am
Afternoon / Evening - 3pm onwards
An enhanced DBS check will be required if successful for this position.
You may have experience of the following: Cleaner, Cleaning Operative, Cleaning Assistant, Commercial Cleaner, Housekeeping Assistant, Housekeeper, Facilities Assistant, etc.
Ref: 102 628