Waters Corporation is currently seeking a Cloud Security Architect to join our Informatics organization. This is a fully remote role and you can work from home anywhere in the UK.
As Cloud Security Architect you will be driving the design of cyber security controls on Waters cloud platform, identifying threats and risks and leading the security by design efforts. You will be acting as an SME for our cloud environment and helping design solutions and practices for hard to solve security problems. You will be driving the adoption of standardized solutions and managing our Cloud Security Blueprint.
A self-starter attitude, excellent communication, collaboration skills and dedication to innovative technologies are critical to this role.
As a Cloud Security Architect, your responsibilities will include:
- Providing subject-matter expertise on designing and implementing secure cloud solutions and products
- Managing and developing security requirements in the cloud ecosystem and maintaining a cloud security blueprint
- Identifying and developing secure reusable patterns on software, infrastructure and network
- Performing security feature reviews, threat modelling and attack modeling
- Assisting in the definition of security policies, standards and procedures
- Developing automation and guidance to resolve common security problems
- Assisting product owners to make risk informed decisions on existing vulnerabilities
- Helping to develop security training and guidance for development teams
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Strong experience in Software Security and Governance
- Solid experience in a Security Architecture or DevSecOps role
- Experience in Cloud Technologies
- Knowledge of common security controls frameworks (CIS, NIST, OWASP) and cloud security best practices
- Experience with AWS infrastructure services such as AWS Organizations, AWS Control Tower, AWS Landing Zone or AWS IAM
- Experience with AWS security services such as AWS Config, AWS Security Hub or AWS GuardDuty
- Understanding of common security issues above and beyond OWASP Top 10
- Relevant security qualifications (CISSP, GSEC, AWS-SAA, AWS-SEC) preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent commercial experience.
In addition to salary, we work flexibly, and provide 25 days holidays, excellent family friendly benefits such as attractive employer pension contribution, life assurance, income protection and private medical. With Waters, there are plenty of opportunities for you to grow, develop and contribute.