Coach/Tutor - Sports
: Hyde & Heywood - AFC Rochdale
: 37.5 hours per week
: £19,793 - £24,157 (depending on qualifications and experience)
: Access Creative College also offers competitive remuneration and other job benefits dependent on role such as: Enhanced holiday / annual leave Enhanced maternity / paternity / adoption pay Sabbatical leave Employee Assistance Programme Employee Recognition Awards Teacher training which is transferable throughout the FE Sector
Applications to reach us by 13th July 2022. Please note that interviews may take place prior to the closing date.
We are looking for a Coach/Tutor to support a range of learners engaged in sports-based study programmes leading to a BTec Sports qualification working over 5 days Monday to Friday, including the supervision of regular midweek competitive fixtures, in one of the professional national leagues.
You will support both classroom-based learning and active participation and training in sports and fitness activities. The mix of hours and duties associated with the role will vary according to your skills and qualifications and the needs of the centre.
- To plan and follow a clear and transparent sports curriculum that meets the needs of the players/learners at the centre
- To fully explain and track all the players ILP’s as part of their development
- To attend and engage in all CPD activities which improve the standard of sports provision at your Centre
- To aim to provide all players with at least one competitive game/activity per week
- To arrange at least one “recruitment session” per month to work towards targets for player/ student recruitment
- To work with the Quality lead at your centre in order to promote and enforce a “Code of Conduct” for all players/ students
- To work with the Quality lead and Quality team to develop a timetable that meets the sports and educational needs of all learners
- To provide termly reports on each player which include SMART Targets, using HUDL and CommSpot as reference points
- To ensure at least one game/sports activity per week is recorded and uploaded to HUDL for analysis purposes
- To support a clear and transparent football curriculum alongside coaching with our partner clubs
- To plan all lessons appropriately to meet the needs of all learners in your session
- To adequately maintain the classroom environment, ensuring that all equipment and resources are accounted for
- To ensure that all Centre learners have a clear understanding of their study programme, career goals and target grades (Induction, student handbook, ILPs, regular reviews)
- To monitor the progress of all centre learners, communicating high-risk learners and strategies put in place through RAG report.
- To contribute to retention and assist with the recruitment strategy of the centre by supporting learners needs, developing strategies to address learners who are “at risk” and initially assessing new learners at the end of the recruitment process
- To contribute to the centres planning, teaching and assessment process by ensuring all learners are given maximum opportunity to achieve target grades through rigorous planning, a variety of assessment methods and creative teaching during lessons.
- To commit to the Coaching Connexions Quality strategy and engage in all planned activities
- To ensure that you log into CommSpot on a daily basis and use only authorised assignment briefs for learner assessment
- To contribute to the completion of learner progress reviews for all of the learners that you teach (three times per year)
- To support the completion of yearly centre ‘course review’
- To promote & portray the centre to the best of your ability through social media and in the Community
For further information on this role, please download the Job Description.
Only applicants through our Hireful portal will be accepted. To apply for the role please log onto the Hireful link.
Please note: If you require any assistance with the completion of your application please contact our People Services Team.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only applicants being actively considered for this job opening will be contacted for further discussions. We encourage you to visit our website for new job openings.
To apply please have an up to date version of your CV ready and fill in our online application form.
Access Creative College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Access Creative College is committed to promoting a culture of Diversity and Inclusivity for all our employees and potential employees. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. In recognition of our commitment, we would particularly encourage applications from groups who are currently under-represented, which are those from the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities and People with Disabilities and Women.
Ref: 133 797