This is an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Counsel to join Waters' global Legal team. This full-time role reports to the Director of Legal, Managing Counsel - Waters Division and is based at Waters’ state of the art facility in Wilmslow, UK.
The Commercial Counsel will collaborate internationally with Legal colleagues and business stakeholders around the world, supporting all business and corporate functions across the company. The Commercial Counsel will be responsible for providing high-quality and timely advice and guidance on a wide range of commercial legal matters.
The ideal candidate will be a talented team player, detail-oriented, independently motivated, and will possess the confidence and ability to interact with all functions across the business in a professional, collaborative, and effective manner.
The Commercial Counsel will be expected to work with a degree of autonomy and at other times under supervision, as appropriate. The role offers an opportunity for an ambitious and talented commercial lawyer to join a growing team within a dynamic business.
Examples of the work required:
- Draft, negotiate and manage a wide range of commercial agreements with customers, partners, and suppliers, often with an international element and with a focus on technology, including supply of goods and services, distribution and agency, R&D, software licensing, SaaS, and marketing.
- Provide practical, commercially astute advice on day-to-day business issues requiring legal support, integrating legal risk management with Waters’ business objectives.
- Independently manage multiple tasks with tight deadlines, while managing the expectations of internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other members of Waters’ global Legal team on longer-term projects and transactional matters, with guidance and supervision depending on the complexity of each matter.
- Support the continuous improvement of the global Legal team’s operational processes, including the drafting of template agreements and playbooks.
Lawyer registered to practice in the UK
- A high-quality commercial lawyer with around 0-2 years of relevant post-qualification experience, gained either in a national law firm and/or in-house.
- Any EMEA or wider international experience and/or experience in the life, materials, or food science markets is beneficial but not required.
- Ability to solve problems independently and to deliver accurate, high-quality, commercially astute work product.
- Strong personal communication skills, capable of dealing with a wide range of people and cultures, with a proven ability to establish a high degree of credibility, respect, and trust at all levels.
- Effective time-planning and organisational skills to prioritize key areas of responsibility, tasks and projects.
- A strong team player who is both committed and flexible.
- Operates with integrity, transparency and humility.
- Acts as a true company owner to advance the overall interests of Waters with focus, urgency and accountability.