Commercial Insurance BrokerRole
We are recruiting for an Insurance Broker who will be Supporting the Healthcare team to join CIB in Guernsey.
Insurance Brokers act as intermediaries between insurance companies and individual or corporate clients. Insurance Brokers use their extensive knowledge of the industry to find the best policy for a client when reviewing risk factors and finances.Key Responsibilities
- Provide professional customer service and advice to clients at all times, both face to face and via telephone.
- Answer incoming calls from clients and external suppliers in a professional manner.
- Maintain and retain existing business.
- Provide quotations, adjustments and handle renewals using standard personal insurance products where appropriate.
- Process all relevant documentation received in connection with insurance business on a daily basis.
- Assist Healthcare Co-ordinator for the benefit of the department and advise them of any problems relating to the department or its clients.
- Cross Sell products to our existing clients as appropriate.
- CPD - maintain and increase requisite generic knowledge and qualifications as required by the JFSC & the Company. Relevant CPD must be recorded accurately.
- Assist with any other duties required to contribute to the workflow of the department and office.
- Understand and gain a good knowledge of the fundamental legal and regulatory policy in relation to internal policies and the insurance contract as required.
- Be responsible for finding new clients, promoting and selling our insurance products as well as looking after existing clients. The goal is to steadily forge long-term relationships to secure the company’s revenues and growth.
- A willingness to study towards Cert CII
- Having a knowledge in the insurance industry would be desirable
- Previously exposure to using Acturis would be a benefit
- You will need to have an understanding and knowledge of JFSC rules and guidelines relating to commercial and private customers
- Understanding and knowledge of general insurance and underlying legal principles, however this will be gained with professional studies
- You will need to be a quick learner, have excellent communication skills both verbal and written, be able to prioritise workload and be able to build relationships
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We believe that working together as one team across the Group is better for our customers, our businesses, and our employees, we offer excellent rates of pay, fantastic benefits and excellent career opportunities.
Our employee’s success isn’t measured on time spent in the office, so please talk to us about your flexible working needs. We have many sites across the UK, so whether this be working from home, logging on from another office or working part time then we would love to hear from you
PIB Group is an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your application will be treated in the strictest confidence
Ref: 102 681