At Covéa Insurance we understand a job is more than just a 9-5, it’s a big part of your life and it needs to make you smile. Our employees are at the heart of our organisation and we’re committed to supporting them to thrive and develop in our open and inclusive environment.
Gone are the days of grey suits sitting in a stuffy boardroom; when it comes to common misconceptions about ‘dull’
insurance companies, we like to think we break the mould. Our newer employees often tell us they’re surprised how the reality of working for us is pleasantly different to the old fashioned image they had before!
We want our employees to enjoy working here and we do this by encouraging them to get involved and have fun. We look for opportunities to celebrate their successes, we encourage our people to look after each other and give their time to support local charities that mean something to them.
A little bit more about the Programme…
- You’ll participate in a 2 Year programme, where we’ll help and support your learning and development so you have all the skills required to become a successful insurance professional.
- Rotate around numerous areas of our Commercial Teams gaining insight and understanding from a range of areas.
- Mid-Market - Perform a variety of underwriting and support tasks across the Mid-Market product range. Interact with the team and with regional brokers to win and retain risks.
- SME or Schemes - Work within the teams to understand the operating model and be able to support the management of portfolios, work with brokers to generate business, or support referral work, according to each individual model.
- Central Underwriting Team - Provide analysis and insight for ongoing projects within the team, support case and deal referral work providing analysis and recommendations
- Business change – Work with the Covea change framework and how we deliver change and support a number of change initiatives including business change, readiness and acceptance activities. Along with understanding our approach for designing new products and propositions plus product governance framework and how we meet our regulatory requirements
What’s in it for you?
- You’ll be enrolled on our business-wide mentoring scheme, where you can openly share your challenges, vulnerabilities and aspirations, and utilise the insights and life experiences of your mentor to overcome obstacles, develop and grow.
- You’ll complete an internal development programme, consisting of a number of modules all focused on providing you with essential leadership skills, whilst giving you opportunities to meet and work with others from across the business.
- There’s also an opportunity to continue your development through professional, industry recognised qualifications.
This role will include travel to our various sites across the UK, with regular travel to Reading, West Malling and London. There’ll also be the opportunity to spend time in our offices in the North too, in Manchester and Halifax. The role will also allow for flexible working, including remote working.
What would we like to see in you?
We’re looking for a Graduate who is interested in joining a company where you can build your skills and knowledge to become an all round insurance professional. We’re looking for someone with passion and ambition, who wants to take this great opportunity to kick start their career. Previous experience is not essential but we are looking for someone who can demonstrate a hunger to learn, with an inquisitive mind.
- A 2:1 honours degree in any subject, although subjects relating to financial services would be highly desirable.
- A strong and demonstrable interest in the financial services and/or insurance industry
- Drive and ambition
- Be a self-starter
- Resilience and able to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong team player and communicator
- Innovative and solution focused
What can we offer you?
- A competitive salary with annual bonus scheme
- A range of flexible working options, including working from home.
- Fully funded industry recognised qualification
- Membership of the CII (Chartered Institute of Insurance) and enrolled for your FIT (Foundation Insurance Test) an industry recognised qualification.
- 25 days annual leave
- 4 times salary Group Life Assurance
- 7.5% minimum employer pension contribution to maximum of 9% (employee required to contribute minimum 1.5%)
- Access to discounted retail vouchers and gym memberships