Job title - Communications Manager
Location - Hybrid, London/ Remote
Rate - £522.50 PAYE or £670 UMBRELLA
Start date - ASAP
Contract - 7 months
Our financial services client is currently seeking an experienced Communications Manager to join their IT Infrastructure Delivery (ITID) team.
Technology is rapidly changing, with customers wanting to interact more quickly and securely with their service providers. For HSBC Technology, the ability to deliver innovative technology, rapidly, continuously and safely, is at the heart of delivering the simpler, faster, better banking experience that our customers and colleagues expect.
IT Infrastructure Delivery (ITID) encompasses approximately 6,000 colleagues spread across 45+ locations. The annual budget is over $1.5 billion and our infrastructure and services support over 250,000 colleagues and 50+ million customers. ITID is part of the Technology organisation whose ambition is to be the world's leading financial services technology team and are on a journey to transform accordingly.
The specific purpose of the communication lead role is to work closely with Project Managers, Product owners and Senior stakeholders, establishing, delivering and reporting progress on a number group wide communication workstreams within projects/programmes that will ensure that HSBC meets its obligations in respect of a number strategic and operational initiatives and require liaison across both technology and business teams.
This role holder will establish and deliver communication plans within the ITID PPM Change the Bank (CtB) portfolios which could include but is not limited to: Telecommunications, Service Sustaining portfolio (SSP), Transformation, ITID Corporate Real Estate portfolio.
The role holder is required to adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
The role holder is also required to support the implementation of HSBC's Global Standards and other compliance policies. The term 'compliance' embraces all relevant financial services laws, framework and codes with which the business has to comply. This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Risk/Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Ownership of communication plans for specific project outcomes e.g. new application product introductions
- Develop and drive communications that support strategic goals and initiatives - both within and outside of the function
- Manage internal campaigns and news that are relevant to all service lines and / or products, including ensuring important business updates, success stories from the teams and other relevant information are communicated to employee audience groups
- Create compelling content and messages to engage employees about the progress and priorities of ITID and aligned to our purpose, strategies and priorities
- Equip people managers with briefings and material that inform and mobilize employees
- Communicate major initiatives and support programme communication, in collaboration with relevant project teams and other communication colleagues as required
Knowledge and Experience:
- A proven track record in developing, managing and implementing communication plans translating into solid and practical delivery
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, including the ability to work confidently and effectively with senior executives across regional/global geographies
- A strong team player who can work collaboratively with peers and manage and deliver excellent performance from teams and individuals
- Excellent interpersonal, strategic planning and management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong knowledge of communication trends and best practice
- Broad knowledge of financial services industry and global marketplace
- Experience in handling crisis communications
If you are relevant or interested please don't delay, apply now.