Hours: 20 – 25 hours
Are you an experienced Compliance Officer with knowledge of Jersey related compliance and AML regulation?
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a highly driven, proactive, and inquisitive Compliance Officer to join our Compliance Team based at CBC Insurance (Jersey) Limited. This part time role offers a good level of flexibility and is office based.
You will be confident, personable, focussed and responsible for the oversight and management of the internal compliance function for the business including, procedures, advisory related regulations, financial sanctions screening techniques and anti-money laundering practices and policies.
Location: This role is based in Jersey and will require a Jersey residence permit.Responsibilities:
- You will be assisting the business to operate according to the highest standard of regulatory and compliance practise as defined by internal and external requirements as part of development an overall culture of excellent compliance, including Financial Services (Jersey) Law 1998, General Insurance Mediation Business (Code of Practice), Financial Services (GIMB (Client Assets)) Order 2005, and Money Laundering (Jersey) Order 2008,
- You will establish and maintain effective systems, procedures, and controls to monitor and direct the overall business,
- You will assist with the implementation of a Business Risk Assessment of all significant risks to the company, ensuring those risks are documented, monitored, and controlled,
- You will liaise with the Group COO ensuring risks to the group are mitigated in line with group appetite,
- You will deliver suitable business continuity plan,
- You will ensure effective management of all compliance matters, whilst keeping fully up to date on all current laws and regulations relevant to GIMB, including financial sanctions, data protection, KYC and anti- money laundering requirements,
- You will develop and deliver policies, procedures and processes designed to minimise compliance and regulatory risk and benchmark against ‘best industry practise’,
- You will constantly review the compliance and regulatory risk framework and prioritise accordingly upon identification of coverage shortcomings,
- You will participate, in industry representative bodies and meetings to keep abreast of developments, focus areas and industry best practice,
- You will assist the company in furthering strong relationships with the regulator by being the main point of contact for the JFSC,
- You will conduct regular compliance checks on regulated sales activity of insurance employees and offer guidance, support, and feedback to address and rectify any areas of weakness,
- You will report to the board on a regular basis whilst reviewing and controlling items such as the breaches, complaints, conflicts, policy exemptions and PEPs registers,
- You will assist the board in establishing and maintaining compliant working relationships with a series of product providers (insurers, brokers, and intermediaries),
- You will review job descriptions for all employees,
- You will be well versed in compliance, knowledge of insurance products isn’t essential, advisory of related regulations, financial sanctions screening techniques and anti- money laundering practises and policies,
- You will have strong analytical and research skills as well as an inquisitive approach to practices, procedures, and customer circumstances,
- You will have good judgement and will be approachable, independent with the ability to work within specified deadlines,
- You will have good understanding of regulatory compliance as well as an ability to nurture an open and effective relationship with the regulator and the relevant governmental departments and officials,
- You will have a strong grasp of overall risk management within the financial services world,
Full Job Description available on request.
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We believe that working together as one team across the Group is better for our customers, our businesses, and our employees, we offer excellent rates of pay, fantastic benefits and excellent career opportunities.
PIB Group is an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your application will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Ref: 102 712