Internal Governance Manager (Corporate Governance Manager)
6 month contract
£500 per day | Full time
My client are currently recruiting for an Internal Governance Manager to join their London-based location on a 6 month contract.
About the role:
The Fibre and Network Delivery business unit is responsible for the delivery of all network build programmes and contracts across the company, playing an essential role in building Britain's connected future. This team builds the infrastructure that our CPs serve their customers from, that the Government looks to invest in (BDUK, SEP, Universal Broadband Coverage heavily covered in all major party manifestos) and that the UK relies on, as well as delivers business and customer contracts on a daily basis. The unit also delivers and maintains fibre based Ethernet and Dark Fibre services to public (schools, hospital, and defence), CP fixed and mobile networks and large corporate customers everywhere across the UK.
As a business unit, Fibre and Network Delivery is responsible for operational budgets of £1Bn and capital expenditure of £2Bn on our network. The organisation has 10,000 FTE direct labour and also employs 7,000 FTE indirect labour within subcontractor contracts. The economy has picked up, fueling investment in building and infrastructure meaning the demand in growth for increasing speeds on broadband has resulted in unprecedented demand for new telecoms network services.
The role holder will be accountable for the internal business management of the national Fibre Build programme. The role holder will be accountable for tracking scorecard compliance per region, engagement and communications across the Fibre build team and successful delivery of key internal initiatives and changes to local operating models.
What you'll be doing:
- Single point of contact for governance of all Fibre Build Directorates Performance.
- Accountable for ensuring the directorates have governance plans on Scorecard, safety, financial performance and efficiencies are on track.
- Ensuring execution and governance of the engagement plan and providing subject matter expertise on engagement performance.
- Holding Regional teams to account for the successful delivery of the Regional scorecard and holding the Regional Area Managers/SLT to account to deliver their goals and objectives.
- Working closely with colleagues in the Governance team to Identify local Risks/Opportunities and collaborative whilst working with CCMO,. RCMO, FB SLT, HR, Finance, and the wider Regional team.
- Own the relationship with the Fibre Build SLT to represent the SLT service plans and deliver regular SLT status reports on progress, risks and change control of the plan in an effective way.
- Support and advise the Fibre Build Director and SLT on the best solutions/practices for the business and the teams impact on goals and objectives.
- Accountable for overseeing special off spec transformation projects outside of the Change and Transformation agenda.
Skills you will need:
- In depth knowledge of project and programme leadership
- Risk and governance experience of large operational teams
- Understanding of current operational business, commercial and industry objectives and trends
- Drives high expectations and performance goals across a large employee base.
- Proven experience of creating and delivering compelling messages to persuade, inspire and engage
- Providing a strategic direction. Ensuring effective management of an organisation and implementation of the strategy.
- Solid analytical capability, commercial and financial acumen, able to judge requests in the context of a wide portfolio.
- Strong stakeholder management up to SLT level; able to build and maintain a range of senior stakeholder relationships and influence stakeholders
- Ability to communicate complex problems / solutions and frameworks in an articulate manner
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent (essential)
- Proven influencing and stakeholder management skills
If you are interested in the position, please apply directly to the vacancy and we will be in touch to go through your application.