Course Leader (Vocal Artist)
Access Creative College is more than just a college; we are a hub for young creative entrepreneurs who are shaping the future of the creative industries.
Now in our 28th academic year and serving more than 2000 learners across our seven UK-based Centres over Levels 1-5, Access Creative College has a well-established reputation for music courses. We’ve been part of Ed Sheeran, Rita Ora, and JP Cooper’s journey to stardom. For the past three years, we have been striving to provide that same well-respected education to a new generation of gamers, photographers, and digital and media creatives.
Position: Course Leader - Vocal Artist
Location: Access Creative College Birmingham, 68 Heath Mill Lane, Digbeth, B9 4AR
Job Type: Part-Time, Fixed Term to cover maternity leave
Hours: 30 hours per week
Salary: £24,400-£26,800 per annum pro-rata
Applications to reach us by 9th August 2021. Please note that the Company operates a continuous shortlisting process and may schedule interviews for appropriate candidates to take place before the closing date.
About The Role:
We are looking for an experienced, dynamic teacher to manage and deliver on our Vocal Artist course. We want you to join our team of Course Leaders and Lecturers to help deliver and develop our Vocal Artist curriculum at our Centre in Birmingham. Working with the centre team, and Pathway Manager for Vocal Artist, you will lead the team on the development and delivery of our provision, from coordinating resources and managing student activities to course marketing. You will create a positive climate and set high expectations for the course team in relation to standards of student achievement and the quality of teaching, as well as advising and guiding the team members on teaching and learning strategies. You will work amongst experienced, passionate tutors and managers as well as within a support service provided by our Central Team.
Industry-specific Experience, Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Experience of working in FE.
- Experience of the post-16 age group.
- Significant successful experience of teaching on the relevant course area.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the subject area, syllabus requirements and appropriate teaching techniques; an awareness of requirements of awarding bodies.
- Knowledge and understanding of mechanisms for the identification, assessment and support of learner needs
- Understanding of equality and diversity within the curriculum, barriers to learning and strategies to overcome these
- Good IT, organisational and administrative skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to make a contribution to the development of the curriculum and resources.
- A good work ethic with the ability to work under pressure, to be flexible, thorough and accurate.
- A commitment to providing outstanding and inspirational service to staff and students.
- A commitment to the organisation’s values, with a particular focus on student success (through excellence in teaching & learning).
- A proactive approach demonstrating an openness to change.
Our prime focus is to nurture talent, desire, and determination. We’re looking for someone who is passionate enough to want to share their knowledge and experience with active and hungry young minds. If you have experience in the music industry and would relish the opportunity to develop and lead a unique and engaging curriculum and have the expertise outlined above then we are keen to meet you.
Our Course Leaders are at the heart of our education management team so it’s essential that you are conversant with current professional practices within your field of expertise. You will also have experience of teaching and/or managing in further and/or higher education.
You will also be educated to degree level and will hold a recognised teaching qualification (level 4 CTLLS or equivalent) or be willing to obtain one within a specified period. If you have the attitude and desire to work in a varied, dynamic environment and believe in industry-shaping vocational provision then we can guarantee you will play a key role in our success.
You may have experience of the following: Course Leader, Vocal Artist Lecturer, Music Lecturer, Music Tutor, Vocal Artist Tutor, Lecturer, Teacher, Vocal Artist, Music Performance, Course Manager, Senior Lecturer, Course Design, Education, Mentor, Teaching, Music Industry, etc.
Access Creative College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Access Creative College is committed to promoting a culture of Diversity and Inclusivity for all our employees and potential employees. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. In recognition of our commitment, we would particularly encourage applications from groups who are currently under-represented, which are those from the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities and People with Disabilities and Women
Ref: 100 907